Voluntary termination & Advantage finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have read many posts about advantage finance and voluntary termination. My question is just simply could I email the forms to them and if not do i have to sign the paperwork or just sign it off with my name.

Any help will be much appreciated

Just want to say I'm only v.ting because I have had problems with the car from the start.

I tried to return the car after 3 weeks but they would not accept it .

I have spend a lot of money on repairs and I have been having a problem with starting it's a push button start and have been told it's a body control module which will cost approx 2k so I just want to get shot .

the car in the current state is probably worth around 2k and to pay off the finance to advantage will cost me 5k .

Terminating my hp with with them be around £1500 .

I just want to get rid of a bad car I've only owned it for 10 months and complete lost faith in it and advantage finance.

I have already sent them an email and have received a reply .

I used the template available on here stating they can't charge for collecting the car.i have received a reply already and it states on there they will charge me £80 to collect from my home.how can this be if u have already stated that they can't do it.

Please read the full contents of this email carefully.

Further to your recent enquiry regarding the voluntary termination of your above numbered agreement, please find below important information outlining the required arrangements.

Upon termination of the above agreement you will need to pay:

1. The outstanding arrears on your account (applicable if already paid 50% of the total amount payable) = £0

2. At least one half of the total amount payable as stated on your Hire Purchase Agreement.

This sum takes into account payments you have already paid, any deposit you paid at the start of the agreement and any arrears not shown in (1) above = £xxxx

3. Any outstanding collection charges = £xx

The total you will need to pay under this section is xxxxx

If you purchased any insurance products, other than GAP insurance, at the same time as your motor finance and they have not already expired, they will be cancelled upon termination and a pro-rata refund will be applied to your account.

In the case of GAP insurance the policy will be cancelled upon the termination of the agreement and a pro-rata refund will be applied, which will mean that no further sums will be payable (other than arrears) in respect of the policy.

Any other outstanding sums (e.g. payments for expired policies and/or any overdue installments) will remain payable under the terms of your insurance agreement.

In order to settle the insurance element of your agreement and claim any rebate to which you are entitled, you need to pay the amount set out below. This will also ensure that you have no further liability under the insurance element of the contract.

The amount required to do this is £0

Less Rebate £0

Total amount payable under this section £0

Condition of Goods

The goods must be returned in a condition commensurate with their age and mileage, both mechanically and cosmetically. Should the goods not be in this condition when returned you will be required to pay to us the amount required to return the goods to such condition. This amount will be in addition to any sums detailed above (please refer to the terms and conditions of your Hire Purchase Agreement).

Our definition of good repair and condition is that the vehicle must:

Require minimal refurbishment to be ready for resale

Have a current MOT certificate or require little or no work for the issue of a new certificate

Be free from mechanical or body damage

Be in its original paintwork, trim and specification (as at the time of purchase)

If you are in any doubt as to the condition of the vehicle, you may choose to obtain an independant report from an organisation such as the RAC or AA to confirm the above.

The goods must be returned to us within 21 days of this email to complete the Voluntary Termination.

In order to obtain details of our nearest agent to you please contact us on 01472 586360.

Alternatively, we can arrange for the goods to be collected from your address. An upfront fee of £80.00 will be payable for this.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Advantage Finance Ltd

Hi ‎ Sophiedog74 and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

pers i'd be suing them for all the repair bills you've run up

not your problem to repair it

it was their car.

as for the £80 they always try and pull that stunt.

if its not legally roadworthy then they cant charge for collection

this is already in the other advantage threads here and they know they cant charge either!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...