Barclaycard PPI and linked cards ??

Pank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you slick132,

Has anyone had any experience with Barclaycard at this level?

All I want is for them to pay my PPI back but they have been fobbing me off up to this point!

My ideal would be that they panic and just pay me the monies I want.

Would would be the likely hood of that?

have sent the Company Secretary, at 1 Churchill Place the registered address as you have advised previously in other threads, lets see what happens now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once they get their act running together they are very good and it right and correct

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow the 7 days will be up! How long should I realistically wait? What normally happens with these guys? Can anyone give me their experience?

Cheers

Hi Pank,

I suggest you give them 14 days to respond, or at least acknowledge and update you.

Failing that, escalate your complaint to BC HQ and the ICO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have come back from holiday and I have not received anything from Barclays.

No reply to my failed SAR to the head office.

I am now going to send my complaint ICO.

Should I send Barclays a copy to the company secretary?

And now my next step after that is to take them to small claims court?

Is that correct?

If so what should I claim for?

Cheers

Hi Pank,

Court action to force SAR disclosure IS an option but probably not necessary yet.

I agree with the suggestion to complain in writing to The ICO and to send a copy to to BC CEO or their HQ.

Get Cert of Posting at the PO for the letter to Barclays.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

OK great. Thanks.

How long should I give Barclaycard to respond?

Os what should happen in an ideal world with/ after / during the complaint to ICO.

Ie I sent the complaint then what should I do?

Also I think there was a link to a template that has been used.

Can someone tell me where I could find that please?

Cheers!

BC usually comply with a SAR - they are just slow sometimes.

Letter to ICO complaining about the failure to respond within 40 days, or at all !

Letter to BC HQ with a copy of the letter to the ICO asking why they continue to ignore your SAR request and ask for for their "considered response within 14 days".

Not sure what template you're referring to.

I have now sent letter with all the paperwork and the form they want you to fill out these days to the ICO special delivery.

I have also sent all the above information to to the Company Secretary at Barclays Bank.

Lets see what happens!

Hello,

I yesterday received a letter dated 02 November.

I am not sure if they have been told about what I have sent to the Head office. It says;

Thank you for your letter Dated 1 August 2017. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay on responding to your complaint.

I am sorry you remain dissatisfied with our response to your claim for the mis-selling of PPI as explained in the letter 13 November 2014, we would not agree your policy has been mis-sold.

Bla bla bla..........

You have also made a request for personal information on your account. I have enclosed the information you will need to access the details of your account. I am unable to provide them from this are of the business.

I am sorry that this is not the outcome you were hoping for. If you feel you have been treated unfairly or my decision is wrong you have the option of contacting the Financial Ombudsman etc etc....

There as so many things wrong with this letter..... They letter they say they sent in 2014 I never received, Between August and November. I have sent an SAR, Failure to respond to an SAR and a complaint to the ICO.

What should I do now? They are still going on about these letters I have never received, they are not supplying any of the information I am asking for and are still not responding to anything.

HELP!

From what BC office was this received.

What did your letter of 1st August refer to ?

The letter stated that I had never received any letter from them in 2014. I asked what information they had based their decision on? The letter was received from Saffron Road in Leicester.

Cheers!

I'd hold off discussing the PPI refund refusal for now. Get the SAR reply first. Otherwise the exchange of letters will become confused.

Send a further letter to the Barclays HQ complaining briefly and politely that BC are way over the time allowed to supply the SAR response and you expect this to be dealt with now as a matter of urgency.

Or you may choose to do nothing until the ICO has investigated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received yet another letter from Barclaycard in Leicester saying,

sorry you are not happy regarding our decision but we made the decision in 2014, and that is that!

I have not received anything from head office,

no acknowledgement regarding any letters or the complaint I have sent to the ICO.

I am getting quite annoyed that

a, They keep repeating the same line over and over again.

b, I am being ignored by all.

What should I do to get someone to listen.

I never received the letters in 2014.

If I had I would have taken the matter further then.

What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

What's the situation with the complaint made by you to The ICO ?

Wait for the SAR response and hope it arrives as suggested by The ICO.

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

I have had 2 more letters from Barclays

one from the exec office thanking me for the letters.

Sending me copies of the letters that they say where send years ago that I did not receive.

Stating again that they did not receive an SAR,

even though I sent a copy of my letter and receipt of delivery, sigh.

One from the Leicester office, sorry you are still not satisfied here are copies of the old letters.

They do not agree they have done anything wrong.

All the letters are machine made.

No one has taken time to look at my complaint or read my letters.

They have stated they will reply to my SAR within 21 days.

This has not been done.

What do I do now.

I sent all the whole case file to the Exec office and to ICO.

Barclaycard seem to have ignored all of that.

Do I now have to complain again to the ICO?

I have no idea how they are keeping my information but it is not secure and seems to be all over the place.

No one has actually read my letters or responded to any of my concerns.

Do I now write to the ICO and the Chairman?

What's my next move?

go ring the ICO and tell them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Update;

I told the ICO again that Barclaycard has still not complied with the SAR request even after ICO intervention.

The ICO have again contacted Barclay card and given them another 10 days to comply.

This is what they said;

I have contacted Barclaycard again regarding your SAR.

Again, I have asked Barclaycard to respond and inform me when they have responded to you.

You should receive a response within 10 days.

If you do not receive a response please contact us again.

Additionally, the Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to ask a court to make an organisation comply with a SAR.

There is information on our website which you may find helpful.

If you have any queries concerning your case, please contact me on the number below.

I take that as she is telling me to take this to court, anyone else feeling the same way?

I was looking at the ICO website,

They tell you to write to Barclays and tell them what you are doing first.

I thought I would write to the COO and give them 7 days to respond?

And if no response I will go to court.

Any ideas with regards to damages and amounts etc?

In the past, folk have taken court action seeking nominal compensation to be awarded at the discretion of the court, for the bank's failure to fulfil the obligations imposed by the SAR.

Barclays have complied when court action has been taken in the past but I can't recall this action being used in the last few years.

If you want to proceed after the latest deadline expires, we'll get you some up-to-date advice.