• Tweets

• a 'witness' to it not arriving till the 15th is sadly immaterial too. regardless to the above anyway, the PCN remains valid. 
    • Hmm yes I see your point about proof of postage but nonetheless... "A Notice to Keeper can be served by ordinary post and the Protection of Freedoms Act requires that the Notice, to be valid,  must be delivered either (Where a notice to driver (parking ticket) has been served) Not earlier than 28 days after, nor more than 56 days after, the service of that notice to driver; or (Where no notice to driver has been served (e.g ANPR is used)) Not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales." My question there is really what might constitute proof? Since you say the issue of delivery is a common one I suppose that no satisfactory answer has been established or you would probably have told me.
    • I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away Another judgement against them on this issue would be very bad for them and they would be really stupid to risk it but if they did, it would cost them far more than the interest they are trying to save which they will most likely have to pay anyway
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard PPI and linked cards ??

Pank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Pank

One letter would have done - either to Barclays HQ at Canary Wharf, or BC in Nothants.

Anyway, you have done belt and braces, and a little bit more !

Keep us posted ............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Again,

I have had a letter from Barclays bank saying they do not feel that they have mis sold PPI, they called me and we discussed it back in 2014. Which is absolutely BS. The SAER request was not addressed and I have now been waiting since August. The ICO have written to the twice to no avail.

I am unable to check any of this information as my SAR has not been fulfilled. I get the feeling they have no idea where all my information and files are, and can therefore not send me anything!

I am determined to get my information so I will now take this to court.

Please tell me what I should do next.

Many Thanks

Hi Pank,

To my mind you have 2 best options :-

1. A polite but strong letter to ICO saying Barclays have still failed to comply with your SAR and you think the ICO should force the bank to respond now as required.

2. Court action in the County Court (Small Claim) seeking 1. Damages for the bank's failure to comply with their lawful obligation and 2. An order for them to comply with the SAR within the time specified by the court.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello Again,

I have written to the ICO twice and they have written to Barclaycard twice so I don't think I need to do that again.

I need to know what to but on the claims form who to address it to etc. Also how much should I claim for?

Many Thanks

Hi Pank,

Can you please hold back a while.

The case is old and I'd like to get more current input about the POC's and the amount to claim.

I'll be back .............

Hi Pank and sorry for the delay.

We (Site Team) have been looking at your case and are looking to find you the best options to move on from here. We're looking at possible direct court action using the DPA and also COBS and you would be given advice and support in putting the claim together.

1. Do you have a letter or an email from the ICO which says that BC have probably breached their DPA obligations ?

2. We may need a bullet point list of relevant events giving date of contact from you to BC; and from BC to you; and from you to ICO and their replies. Can you work on this over the next day or two so it's ready if needed. All is needed is date and description, eg

13/2/17 - SAR ltr to BC with £10

15/3/17 - Ltr ex BC saying SAR acknowledged and reply should follow within 30 days

Just brief info - we can always ask for more detail if needed.

Hello,

The first email says they have contacted BC and I should have a response within 10 days. That did not happen

the second email says they have contacted BC again and again they should give me a response with in 10 days. That did not happen.

The third email, when I told the ICO for the third time the ICO said;

I am sorry to hear that you have not received Barclaycard's response to your subject access request (SAR).

I have contacted Barclaycard and have received a response.

Barclaycard advise that their courier had made several attempts to delivery the package, however, the courier did not leave the calling card as required.

Barclaycard have reissued the package yesterday. Their courier will leave a calling card if you are not home when they attempt to deliver. They are sending the package to [address removed].

If you have any queries concerning your case, please contact me on the number below.

Again, I do not believe that for a second and the package has not been received.

Do you want me to start on the timeline now?

Many Thanks

Edited by honeybee13
Address removed

Hi Pank and I'll pass on this info for consideration.

When was the last msg from the ICO and on what date are BC supposed to have sent the package this latest time.

Yes, get the chronological summary done asap. Just 1 line per entry should suffice. Maybe 2 if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

29 th Sept 2014 - Filled out an online PPI Questionnaire on The Barclay card website

No Response

18 July 2017 I resend the PPI request

21st July - I receive a letter stating they responded to my PPI request 13 Nov. 2014 Letter in my maiden name.. I never received that letter.

01 August 2017 – I sent a letter to the Customer Relations Department stating I never received any letters and asking various Questions.

02 August 2017 I send an SAR to the Customer relations Department Special Delivery enclosing a £10 Postal Order.

09 August 2017 I receive a letter from the Customer Relations Department referring to my letter of the 1st August. Regurgitating the fact that they responded in 2014, enclosing copies of those old letters again. No mention of the SAR.

04 October 2017. I send a Letter before action to the Company Secretary at Canary Wharf, Failure to Comply with SAR request of 2 Aug 2017.

02 November 2017 – Receive a letter from the Customer Services Department, They are sorry I am dissatisfied with the claimed miss selling of PPI but they responded to my request back in November 2014. Enclose copies of the old letters, again.

02 November contact the ICO send all the paperwork,

03 November, ICO confirm by letter paperwork has been received.

15 Dec – ICO, they advice that they have spoken to Barclays; I should receive a response within 10 days.

28 December – Receive a letter from Barclays in response to me contacting the ICO. They do not agree they have not met their obligations but will waiver the normal £10 fee.

03rd January, receive another letter from the Customer relations department, Not sure what they are writing response too. They state, “ I have as requested enclosed copies of letters dates 9th Aug and 2 Nov 2017 and how you can make a formal request”??

29th January; I send a letter to the Barclay card Executive office and the Company Secretary by SD .

Header is “miss selling of PPI and failure to provide SAR. Stating I have been advised to write a last letter before court action. – To Date no reply

21 February – Contact the ICO to advice I have not had any information from Barclaycard.

23rd February- Receive email from the ICO; I am sorry to hear that you have not received Barclaycard's response to your subject access request (SAR).

I have contacted Barclaycard and have received a response.

Barclaycard advise that their courier had made several attempts to delivery the package, however, the courier did not leave the calling card as required.

Barclaycard have reissued the package yesterday. Their courier will leave a calling card if you are not home when they attempt to deliver. They are sending the package to

07 March – To date I have not had a parcel or a calling card.

Pheww... That took awhile, Thank you for your help

Hi Pank and thanks for this info.

It'll be considered and we'll come back ASAP.

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclaycard PPI and linked cards ??