JD Williams/SimplyBe - 1 Late Payment - Chances of Removal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a search around the forums and haven't found much in this regard, at least not where JD Williams/SimplyBe/Jacamo are concerned.

Just a summary

- in 2011/12 due to redundancy/ill health I got into some financial difficulties,

end result is I have 3 defaults which I'm still contending with, but have repayment plans for and I'm currently trying to resolve/end.

Besides these 3 accounts and since 2013 my credit history is perfect (bar the three accounts I mentioned).

I worked hard to keep it this way so that when those defaults drop off my file at some point my other history is spot on.

Fast forward to the recent couple of weeks when I've been mining my credit report

- I noticed JD Williams have lodged a 1 month late mark on my credit file.

This is highly aggravating, firstly because I'm normally pretty meticulous with my repayments but somehow this must have slipped my mind somehow

(I was pretty poorly around this time, so that might explain it)

and also I'm only £30 off clearing the complete balance (and closing the account).

I emailed JD Williams for more details and this is the reply I received:

Dear NAME

Thank you for your email.

Your statement no30 generated and sent to you on the 17/01/2017.

This required payment before the next statement was generated on 14/02/2017 without incurring a administration charge and a missed payment on your credit file.

Your payment was not until the 26/02/2017, therefore missing this timescale.

Yours sincerely

NAME

Customer Service Team

To which I've replied:

Hi NAME,

Thank you for your reply. This is most unfortunate to hear, as I always endeavour to make payments promptly and have done so previously. I do recall being quite poorly around this time.

Would it be possible to be sent a copy of my January/February statements as I can't see that far back online, and unfortunately I don't have the paper statements. It would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

NAME

I know 1 late payment isn't the end of the world, but it's definitely bloody annoying.

So my question is,

has anyone had any success with JD Williams specifically or other catalogues with removing late payments?

Especially when your account has always otherwise been 'perfect'.

If so, how have you gone about it?

Many thanks :madgrin:

bit harsh of them

could you please remove the single 1 late payment marker that I have had with you for the first time in XX yrs of my perfectly administered account

and refund me the unlawful late fees please

this is causing me problems attaining a mortgage and its very unfair 1 single late payment stuffs my families future

I ask this as a gesture of goodwill upon your behalf.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yello again, DX :):wave:

In what way are the late charges unlawful? Genuinely don't know (will search in a mo). Not sure if mentioning that would work in my favour of getting the late payment mark removed :???:

What's also annoying is I frequently make more than one payment a month. I suspect I may have made a payment not long before that statement was generated. Hopefully I'll find that out if they come back with the statements I asked for - Maybe more leverage in my favour if that's the case.

How's this sound?

Hi NAME,

Could I please request that you consider removing the single one late payment marker as a gesture of goodwill? This is the first time in three years of my otherwise perfectly administered account I have made this error.

This could potentially cause me issues attaining a mortgage and severely effect mine and family's future, and feel it is disproportionately unfair for one single late payment.

Kind regards,

NAME

:|

under FCA guidelines

its a penalty

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've just been trawling the forums and reading through the FCA guidelines.

I can't find the specific section I need to be looking at/what I need to reference so they know I mean business.

Any ideas?

As in, "Under FCA guidelines, regulated firms must follow their rules.

Therefore I ask you make the arrangements to refund the £12 late payment you unlawfully charged to my account as per section XXX of these guidelines." type thing.

and they

pers I wouldn't really worry about quoting anything

they are quite aware their £12 penalty fees are unlawful under FCA rules

and they

• 5 weeks later...

Just to say, I received a reply today.

They said they can confirm the information added to my file is correct.

They won't be removing it.

Therefore, I've written a letter back saying sorry that my loyalty and otherwise good conduct as customer is not valued,

in that they won't consider my reasonable request to remove the one single late payment marker,

given what I explained about poor health and how it will have a severe effect on mine and my family's future (but none to JD Williams).

Due to clear lack of compromise or compassion I won't reward with the continuation of my loyalty and business.

Told them to close my account (which is paid off) and to repay the late payment charge to me.

pigs

and they