Lowell Claim form - Old Provident Doorstep Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No...save it for your witness statement

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I have not received any witnesses statement from Lowell and they are due on tuesday by 4pm.

Will this witness statement from myself suffice.

Claim No. ***********

BETWEEN:

Claimant

AND

Defendant

_________________________ ________

WITNESS STATEMENT OF **********

_________________________ ________

I ******, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence dated xxxxxxxx and in response to the claimants claim dated xx xxxxx 2017 which was submitted through*county court*bulk centre.

1. It is my understanding that the claimant must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act.

2. It is my understanding that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct, disputed or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed ...10p to 15p in the £1 and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income. The claimant then issues on mass claims to circumvent and claim the full amount of debt to maximise profit.

3. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.

4.Background

Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that a contractual relationship did once exist between myself and provident. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant.*

I requested:-

A copy of the original agreement

A copy of the terms and conditions as applicable at the time of the agreement

A copy of the Default Notice/ termination notice

A copy of the legal deed/notice of assignment showing the claimants legal right to take action

5.Disclosures

The claimant has since complied and disclosed various documents however unable to comply with disclosing a valid full copy of the executed agreement on which their claim relies upon.

With regards to enforcement given the fact that the claimant cannot disclose an agreement and simply relies on a set of reconstituted terms and conditions ,HHJ Waksmans ruling in Carey and reconstituted versions are not applicable. Section 127.1 will apply and Section 65(1) CCA 1974 clearly states an improperly executed agreement can only be enforced by court order. S127(3) states the restrictions on enforcement. Therefore the agreement relied upon is improperly executed as it is not in the prescribed form.

6.Conclusion

Therefore the claimant cannot comply and disclose a true executed copy of the agreement complete with terms and conditions from inception which they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974.

Statement of Truth

I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: _________________________ _______

Dated: _________________________ ______

Now see if they reciprocate..if not they are getting ready to discontinue.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

their usual rubbish about no default notice required as the loan was not under the consumer credit act.:madgrin:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:lol:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I would say you state the bit about having no default notice, bringing to the judges attention that the agreement is covered by the CCA as noted at the top of it

and also the incomplete CCA

Id wait for DX to see what else he advises

• 4 weeks later...
:lol:

I have just rang the court to see of payment has been made and she said there is nothing on the system to say it has.

I need to call back tomorrow as the lady I need to speak to is not in today.

If they have missed the payment date of 14 days before which is stated in my letter what will happen next?

it wont go ahead

but they often pay late

lowells typically backout at the last minute with these doorstep loan claims

or just simply hope they get a judge that can be bamboozled

good job your WS is nice and tight to counter that

and they

it could be a rare one whereby they don't want to waste the money because they know they are going to lose mind..:lol:

and they

it could be a rare one whereby they don't want to waste the money because they know they are going to lose mind..:lol:

I have spoken to the court again and once again they said that they had not paid the fee. I was then put on hold and then when they came back they said that the fee has actually been PAID.

Its court date tomorrow morning.

My main points are not a full and excited copy of the cca and also them saying no default notice required (due to passage of time) not regulated by cca although it states on the top of the part agreement they have supplied?

Many thanks.