Savi EPC Christoher Whatcott T/AS Low Cost EPC (not Savi EPC Ltd).

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In July 2015 I contacted a firm called Savi EPC Ltd about an EPC survey for a fee of £9.95 to them. With a few days this had escalated to over £74, I refused to pay and was threatened with court action.

Two years later Christopher Whatcott of Savi EPC wrote to demand payment of the debt. The owner/director of the company is a Chris Whatcott. In February 2017 he was sentenced to 8 months and disqualified from being a company director for 10 years at St Albans Crown Court.

A press report can be found at: http://energyassessormagazine.com/panels_boss_whatcott_sentencing/

The company, and others, he ran is dissolved.

I received a letter from a firm of solicitors who said they were acting a for Mr Christoher Whatcott T/AS Low Cost EPC (not Savi EPC Ltd). Nevertheless, the alleged debt is clearly and unambiguously from the company Christopher Whatcott was the director of and which is dissolved.

I reminded Christpher Whatcott of his criminal conviction and that I didn’t think it was legal for him to chase these debts. He told me he would no longer communicate with me.

Does anyone have any information on Christopher Whatcott and Savi EPC since he was sentenced in February 2017.

Is it legal for a disqualified director to collect debts for the dissolved company he was the owner of. He told me Hertfordshire trading standards knew he was chasing amounts owed to his business.

He cant chase it if the company is dissolved and the debts were not sold on.

From what you say, he had a business, people owed the business debts, then he shut the business down, and is trying to claim them so he can have the money personally.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

if a solicitor has taken this on then you need to firstly remind them their client has no cause for action as only Companies House can pursue the matter and that they are obliged to firstly act in the regimen of the courts system and should they continue to harass you a compaint to the SRA will be in the offing for their failure to take reasonable care to "know their client".

Thanks for this.

The solicitor has been told this. The solicitor is or seems to be, according to this website, happy to allow creditors to use their letterheads for a small fee without the solicitor knowing any details. Trading standards are aware of this matter and are investigating. I've produced a formal witness statement and I'm quite prepared to attend court but that is for the future.

well, that wont get anywhere in a court, the solicitor should be reported to the SRA and you can tell them that you are pursuing this as Champerty and Maintenance (look it up but basically someone taking on a matter in exchange for a promise of keeping the money at the end when they have no interest in the matter. Not the same as no win no fee wghere the sols act for the client, in C&M they act in their own interest