Barclays secured loan first plus

Dede1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise as to why the following as I'm baffled ��

Took out a secured loan back in 2005 with Barclays plc (firstplus) unbeknown to me it was secured on my house (I was young an niave at the time) only found out it was a second mortgage when I sold my house and solicitors advised of the 2nd mortgage ��

What I'm querying is why I signed an agreement in 2005 with Barclays plc on the loan agreement then in 2008 I was forced to sign another agreement for the same loan but this time the headed document was with Barclaycard? The interest rate was higher.

First agreement for a loan of 9500 with interest of 5920 sign 2005 9.2% interest

Then the 2nd agreement loan agreement of £7299 with interest of 5200 signed 2008 10.48% interest

I was forced to sign the second agreement as apparently regulations had changed.

I paid this loan off in 2010 but something has always nagged me to say...something isn't right hence I've kept all paperwork.

I can't see anything about PPI on either agreement. Both agreement wording the same apart from company name different, 2005 Barclays plc and 2008 Barclsycard..

Can anyone offer any advice as to why I was forced to sign another agreement or have the baliffs sent to my house? (Even though I'd never been in arrears)

Edited by Dede1976

they wouldn't have said bailiffs.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

or could it have been debt collection agency a DCA

whom are not bailiffs...

but there you go

you should never be doing such on the phone whereby anything can be threatened without recourse.

makes your situation sound even more dodgy than the initial story

SAR time me thinks

I know you have paperwork

but the comms log might be nice reading.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He definitely used the words baliffs, that I can recall.

Unfortunately they only dealt with customers over the phone but yes now being older I wouldn't consider such dealings over the phone again...once burnt.

I have raised this today with Barclays and a complaint raised, all calls are recorded so hopefully they still have these on record and transcripts too....I too look forward to the reading material.

Sales person needed to hit their target and signed me up again on a new loan eliminating the old one. I'm thinking maybe this is what happened hmmmm as it's all a bit dodgy.