Thankyou CAG, A success story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a member on here for 11 years give or take a month or two.

When i joined i worked for minimum wage at a bacon factory in Blackpool,

it was an ok job, i enjoyed it, but the money was very poor,

i was in debt, paying the bank in late payment fees every week, switching banks due to owing money etc,

Constantly playing catchup with car finance. which was £50 a week!! i was in a right ole pickle,

i had 3 kids a wife and a dog, lived in a rented home. only benefits we claimed was Child benefit and WTC

In 2006 i heard about the bank charge reclaiming that was going on, on the Jeremy Vine show on radio 2 iirc.

i set about on my last bank which was Barclays, recovered £1600.

i made the car finance people a lump sum offer of 1200 to pay the finance off and the accepted it.

meanwhile, i was no reclaiming Halifax, capital one and a couple for wifey too.

Christmas 2006 was best ever, we had recovered about 6k more, paid off all out debts and had about 2.5k left for xmas.

We had always wanted our own home, but as you would expect, we were always laughed out of the bank.

At this point, our credit history was really bad, credit score was -1000 lol.

after xmas we had about £1500 left, a cloud loomed, back to square one with debt??

£1500 wouldnt last long, so wifey n i stuck our heads together and came up with a plan, with the remainder,

i went to an IT auction and bought a load of I.T.tech, which included computers, laptops printers etc, St start of my business.

I fixed up 10 of the laptops and sold them on ebay. put that money, profit n all, back into more stock.

a so it went on, i was buying and selling allsorts by now, things off carboot sales, local auction houses, found a local guy who would sell me cheap laptops, Two months later i handed my notice in at my work.

i then set about repairing our credit files, taking off all that was out of date etc, that took about 12 months to get sorted.

The home we rented had fallen under massive disrepair as the LL lived down under

10 years down the road, we had saved up 21k,

on May 20th this year, i took possession of the keys to my own home with a 16k deposit,

mortgage with RBS who i have to say,were fantastic,

at the ripe old age of 48, i now have a pension worth 22k,not much by some standards, but to us, its a win win,

all thanks to this site and a little reading from else where.

Been self employed for all this time now and loving it, we were able to help put my daughter through university by letting her live rent free etc with us, she still needed student loans tho.

Thankyou to Bankfodder and the team for this site.

I have donated along the way as its only right.

Any one else any one else out there with similar stories

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Dear BAconbutty Man - If that is your real name :)

Its such a great story to hear and ive passed it on to Marc etc We also appreciate so much the donation.

Extremely happy for you and well done - Enjoy the new house :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Not only is this a fantastic story – but it's very nice of you to come back and tell us about it.

Most of the people we help don't follow up with any further information and sometimes we don't even know the results of the problem that we are helping them with.

Thank you very much indeed for the donation or donations that you have made. I hope that we have responded to them – although we do miss some out sometimes because we are very under resourced.

I've had a look but I can't find anything from a user Baconbuttyman but maybe you have used some different PayPal account.

Drop me a line on our admin email address. I would be very concerned if we hadn't come back to you and thanked you. We don't use an automated system.

Once again, this is a really brilliant story.

This is indeed a very cheering story. Thank you so much for returning to let us know how you are getting on. I wish you all the very best in your new home :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not only is this a fantastic story – but it's very nice of you to come back and tell us about it.

Most of the people we help don't follow up with any further information and sometimes we don't even know the results of the problem that we are helping them with.

Thank you very much indeed for the donation or donations that you have made. I hope that we have responded to them – although we do miss some out sometimes because we are very under resourced.

I've had a look but I can't find anything from a user Baconbuttyman but maybe you have used some different PayPal account.

Drop me a line on our admin email address. I would be very concerned if we hadn't come back to you and thanked you. We don't use an automated system.

Once again, this is a really brilliant story.

it was years ago now and asfaicr i did get a response 😋😋

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,