Imperial Cars Southampton - headgasket gone after 12mts - useless Warranty Group Services platinum cover!!

SBA58
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I hope I am posting this in the correct area, if not I apologise!

If you point me in the right direction of where to post this I will move to there.

I am asking this on behalf of my partner.

the other day he was driving on the motorway with heavy traffic, the kind that keeps your car moving at a snails pace.

The engine of his mini overheated and the engine started making odd noises, with the car's speed staying extremely slow.

He pulled over to the hard shoulder just before the engine cut out entirely.

As it turns out, he's been told that gasket ruptured and water and oil have got into the engine.

He had purchased the car about a year ago now from Imperial Cars in Southampton and took their "Platinum Warranty" which includes breakdown cover (provided by RAC) and repairs. The paperwork says the warranty package is provided by The Warranty Group Services.

When he called the RAC they had no record of him on the system.

he called Imperial Aftersales Support who says he should have called RAC himself with an activation code, which he was never given at the point of sale.

He was told it would all be set up my Imperial Cars.

just to get off the motorway hard shoulder he signed up with the AA who came out to tow him to a garage.

When he called TWGS they told him that because he topped up his low water level before setting out on the journey,

this invalidated his entire warranty and they have refused to assist at all, despite his monthly payments towards their services.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has any advice about whether there is anything he can do to fight this.

He's never had to make a claim before so isn't sure what he can do.

I don't think it's right that such a routine pre-journey water top up can invalidate his car's extended warranty protection.

Sorry for the super long post, if you need any more detail please let me know and I'll do my best to provide them ASAP!

Many thanks in advance!

so head gaskets gone

reclaim the useless warranty

go after the retailer that sold you the car under CRA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

What car and mileage please?

It could be argued that by checking and topping up the water your friend was complying with recommended maintenance procedures as per the manufacturers hand book, thereby nullifying their argument.

Cars by their very nature will use water to a certain extent though the losses on modern vehicles are negligible when compared with cars that had a traditional radiator cap!

Hi @SBA58,

We’re The Warranty Group who administer RAC Warranties.

Sorry to hear you’re having some problems with your car.

We’d love to be able to give you some feedback on your concern. Please can you PM us with some additional details such as your registration plate and policy number?

Many thanks,

The Warranty Group

Any PM will have to be via the Site Team as neither of you have enough posts to use that facility except to PM Site Team

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread