Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Gold Account Holder paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default Damage to credit status

Hello

If my pay date is 25th of each month and my employer made several late payments and this led to a direct debiticon to be returned and missed payments registered, could I have a claim for breach of contract in respect of damage to my credit status?

Thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Damage to credit status

no

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by paulwlton View Post
    Hello

If my pay date is 25th of each month and my employer made several late payments and this led to a direct debiticon to be returned and missed payments registered, could I have a claim for breach of contract in respect of damage to my credit status?

Thanks
    It depends. Are you looking for an opinion or merely validation (again) ?
    (From a previous thread where anyone who didn't give you the validation you sought was ignored or told they couldn't hold a valid opinion .....)
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...10#post5048010

Quote Originally Posted by BazzaS View Post
    You appear to be looking for validation rather than opinion.
    Any opinion that doesn't match with the validation you seek MUST be wrong (+/- you calling the respondent a 'smarta*se')
    You've advanced possible reasons:

a) Wrong if it is from someone in management. (Conflict of interest argument?)
    b) Wrong if it is from someone who is a paid union official. (Conflict of interest argument?)

Of course, if someone isn't either of these, you can always add:
    c) wrong because they don't have adequate experience.

A perfect set-up for you to dismiss any answer that doesn't fit your pre-conceived ideas.

It is just a shame that you don't have the insight into that behaviour to have added "only replies validating my position, I'm not interested in hearing other opinions" to your original post.

Why did you need to repost the same query to a new threadicon (that then had to be merged). You didn't add any new information to change what you were asking. Did the first thread not provide the validation you seek? It doesn't seem to be going much better second time around .....

Gold Account Holder paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton Authoritative paulwlton's Avatar

Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    no
    So it's a no then 😩

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Opinion.
    My opinion:
    1) Subject to any agreement in your contract of employment,
    2) Your employer is liable to you for those losses
    a) flowing directly from their breach of contract,
    b) That are reasonably foreseeable, and
    c) provided you mitigated those losses.

So, did you
    i) ask them to make a BACS payment when the pay didn't go through?
    ii) take out a loan / overdraft to avoid any payments bouncing?

If they refused a BACS payment you could ask them to cover the cost of the cheapest loan / agreed overdraft available, but no more (not a more expensive loan or the 'cost' of damage to a credit rating that you should have mitigated instead).

What does your union (RMT isn't it) say?

Basic Account Holder Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative Ethel Street Highly informative

Cagger since : Mar 2011

Hello

If my pay date is 25th of each month and my employer made several late payments
    How late?

How many times?

Have they said why?

If you are monthly paid does your contract actually say you will be paid on the 25th? Or does it say what mine does, that the company will pay me on the last working day of the month although they then tell us that in practice the pay run is done 48 hours earlier?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details