Parking Eye - PCN Deansgate locks Manchester NTK Late

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It will certainly cost them a few quid and isnt binding on you

either way nothing bad can come of one action or the other and there is the possibility they may decide to chuck the towel in rather than argue.

If you do go down the POPLA route add a demand to see sight of the contract between PE and the landowner.

You are unlikely to get a copy but it will force PE to at least pass over a redacted copy to POPLA

and that may make them read it before decdidng whether to hand it over or not.

Many of the older jobs are rubbish and certainly wont stand up in court

Thanks ericsbrother & Homer67 for all the advice...

I think we will go down the POPLA route, just to be on the safe side and see where it leads. I'll keep this thread updated if they do try to go to court or if they give up at this stage.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Final Update...

Sorry, been on holiday so forgot to update this thread as I promised to do.

POPLA upheld this case so nothing to pay :-) and received a letter from Parking Eye confirming they are no longer trying to extort any money!

Thank you to everyone who helped out with advice, and my advice to anyone reading this in future in the same situation is DON'T be tempted to roll over for these sharks, it's well worth the effort to stand up to them.

Thanks again for all the help...

do you intend to sue them for falsely obtaining your keeper details?

If they applied even a day later than the 12 days to issue a NTK then you have them banged to rights.

That is one of the reasons it is worth demanding from the DVLA details on who accessed your personal data and why.

The other reason is so that when parliament revisit private parking then it will be shown that they are all a bunch of liars when it comes to keeping to the absolute letter of their contract to use the KADOE computer access

Didn't even realise that was an option.

Do you have a link to anywhere on the forum I can find out what's involved and how to go about finding out if they have a case?

Thanks again for all your help with this ericsbrother, wouldn't have been as easy to stick it out without all the help I've received here.

firstly contact the dvla and find out when they obtained your keeper details.

If they were later than 12 days after the date of the event then you have a better chance as you will have 2 grounds for doing so and their reasons for accessing cannot be true

Then read up on VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC dec 2016 and go from there.

It is on here somewhere but look at ther Parking Pranksters blog as there are other cases mentioned.

TBH defending a spurious claim is easier than prosecuting a genuine one as far as advice on forums go, different rationale and expectations