Capital One have affected my credit file in a negative way and I paid .

mooshy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have spent the last 4 years making my finances and credit file 100% so I could confidently escape a not nice relationship .

My credit file was 100% and I was v proud .

Bank have offered me a decent remortgage ( 6 weeks ago ) and solicitor has filed consent order so I could be as planned divorced and have bought my ex husband out of the family home in a few weeks.

However I stupidly used an empty Cap 1 cc when it was all I had with me recently .

I only put about £65 on it .

They contacted me to say I hadn't made the minimum payment and i assumed they were right and paid it immediately with a promise from them it wouldn't affect my credit rating .

I was shocked to then be told I hadn't made another payment .

When I looked I actually had made a payment of 15 on time the first month and after their contact made a further payment of 15.

I also told them I would pay it all off immediately and did .

They contacted me again and said my account was in arrears saying they've received no payments .

As instructed I faxed all my bank statements through with a covering letter .

Still no response

I used their online complaints link called resolve .

I heard back yesterday to say they could see I had tried to pay !

However I had used a wrong reference number and it wasn't into my account ????

I was to call the bank and recall the payments and then pay them at capital one .

They said they could see i had tried to pay but would be rejecting my complaint and would consider amending my credit report when I had sorted this .

I'm now so upset and frustrated that I not only paid this but I put my account in credit and no idea where it's gone .

My worst fear is that I now won't get my mortgage advance to buy my husband out and it's cost me almost £10000 in legal fees to get this far .

Will they now refuse my remortgage ?

how likely are they to ammend my credit file and how long will that take ?

Many thanks for reading all this .

Dec 2006 SARS request :p

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

15th Feb 2007"bog off " letter received.:(

19th Feb 2007 LBA sent with further copy of charges:|

4th April £750 goodwill gesture paid into bank

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

Stay OFF the damn phone!

CRF's are not updated immediately, they take at least 3 months, and in some cases longer.

Check your files, statements, and see who you paid and when, anything these clowns tell you over the phone is fantasy. Surely you've been here long enough now to know the tricks they pull?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!