MET PCN McDonalds Gatwick - June 17

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my post is relevant as its another MET PARKING CHARGE NOTICE debacle.

This time at Mcdonalds, Gatwick

As per the previous poster,

my first correspondence from MET was a 'reminder' document.

Please see the 2 files attached.

I have two questions before I lodge my complaint / appeal with MET.

First - I received this notification 25 working days after the alleged infraction

- yes the car was there on that date however "the driver" was not aware of any parking restrictions, nor did "the driver" notice any signage - which seems a regular theme.

Secondly - the notice wording suggests the drivers details have been provided by the registered keeper?????? There must be some telepathy going on here :!:

Would appreciate peoples views on whether I should respond to MET using the many templates provided OR just ignore the letter given the 2 points raised above..

Thanks

attachment.pdf

Edited by simon521128
Amended attachment

its an ANPR PCN - they are out of time.

they needed to of sent that within 14days.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX - so spend the time appealing on the grounds they are non-compliant with POFA 12 OR just ignore.?

I would further assume that if this was a reminder for an original PCN there should be some reference to the fact this is indeed a reminder and the charge notice date would reflect the original???

Could be a good tactic on their behalf - stick reminder on it so people wrongly assume they must have missed the original....

Thanks again.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok No problem - as requested

1 Date of the infringement 13/06/2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 18/07/2017

3 Date received 20/07/17

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes - as per earlier posted PDF

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] NOT YET - AWAITING ADVICE

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] McDonalds, Gatwick, RH6 0NN

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

Thank you.

so out of time imho ignore them

I think theres a few threads here whereby they or another ppc try and pull this stunt.

and they

so you now ignore them.

They will write again and then pass on to a toothless dca, who you ignore some more.

If you get a lba you respond to it but come back here for help with the wording.

There is no keeper liability and they are contacting you in that capacity.

the pope could have been driving as far as they know

they intimate that you are the driver and have been named as such by the keeper.

That will be an interesting document to produce when you ask for it should they wish to take things further.

Obviously you could deny being the driver at the time and tell them to refer the matter back to the originator of this scurrilous accusation

I also note that they have a £1.50 payment charge for cards.

You could send them an envelope recorded delivery and a short letter saying that "enclosed is the correct sum in cash to pay their non-existent contractual obligation".

Obviously as you dont agree their is a contract you dont include any money and leave them wondering about the use of the english language.

you then use the RM receipt confirmation to prove the debt has been fully discharged.

very easy money as mugs keep paying them

if people stopped paying DCA's tomorrow the whole industry would collapse

and they

• 2 months later...

Morning All,

Please find attached a letter from Debt Recovery Plus who appear to be in cahoots with MET. Reason for sending this in is to show they at are also making lawless assumptions such as if you don't respond you agree liability and that since 2015 motorists are being taken to court.... They even provide a link !

I shall continue to ignore but felt this might be useful to others.

Thanks

PCN DR letter.pdf

they are going to recommend something to the person who paid them to write this letter.

Well I recommend that you use sudso soap for whiter whites but I cant make you use it and nor do sudso have to sell you anything.

It is all the usual noise and you are right about silence not equalling liability,

POFA can transfer that liability from one person to another under strict protocols but not actually magic a contract out of nothing

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Very quick 2nd letter from DRS as I have ignored them. Joke is it says if I don't pay, they will advise MET to take me to court.. What a waste of peoples time.

They again include the reference to the 2015 ruling which appears to have no foundation.

Does anyone know if MET have actually taken anyone to court? sure I saw something official that said they hadn't?

Unable to attach the JPG for some reason - will try again later

Thanks

read upload

attach as pdf

and they

hidden

remove the bar code and the ref number!

safe to ignore powerless dca's

and they

MET have a problem with suing people because they usually have a deal with a tenant of the land and anyway, with motorway services they have always faield to convince a judge they have both a right to claim and sufficient signage and payment methods to cope with overstays.

For those reasons court is not likley but before they get there they have to send you a lba and you respond to that and your response will blow their claim out of the water

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses guys. Aw shucks - the nice DRP people have now spoken to MET and agreed to give me further 14 days to pay... Really.!!! As if..

Latest attached for peoples reference - I have not made any contact at all with either company. Makes me laugh - they have no proof any of these letters have actually been received ....

Keep up the good work..

PCN DR3.pdf

so they have spoken to MET who have paid them another fiver to send a last hooragh letter to you.

they are going to recommend that Met sue you.

Well it wont matter one way or another what they say, it is like me recommending you use sudso soap, I cant sue you if you dont.

Do not believe that proof of delivery is needed tough,

the law says a letter is deemed delivered 2 days after posting for first class and 5 days after posting for second class, whether you get them or not.

Just file them away safely in case you need them