• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope all are well.

I was looking for advice on brighthouse

I took out a TV and a PS3 a few years ago

it was stupid but I had just split from my ex wife so was already in debt and her and kids where obviously given most the stuff out house.

was desperate with xmas coming up etc.

I paid them every four weeks for years

recently I have had some payment difficulties.

I have asked them not to come to my door albeit on phone and to the guy who has come to the door numerous times,

my gf was in bath today and they knocked for 10mins after telling them last week get an appointment.

have come back today and another card is put through the door even though I asked them to not to come but send an appointment letter.

have unplugged my house phone but plugged it in today and they have called me already on same day they came to house.

I am actually only owe them 130 or something now and I could go in and pay my 4 weeks but I am sick fed up of how they talk to me.

Advised me they can come to my door when ever they want,

I advised them in store that I have right to stop them coming to door

but they said they can do this whenever they like.

If I asked them to show me where it says in there contract they can call me numerous times a day and come to my address without appointment but they say things like I am threatening etc or other lame excuses. I dont go in store anymore.

have had enough over last few years

dont want to not pay

am not letting my rights get walked over by people that have no legal power over me whatsoever,

got through last few years when some days I wanted to just give up,

will be debt free in 6 months and this debt is part of my plan so I want to pay.

would like some advice on how I can stand up for myself and show these guys laws are for everyone not a select few and start paying my remaining balance as I actually cant bring myself to go in there store.

130 must be about 5% of the original balance owed.

Thanks

they have no legal powers at all they are not bailiffs and never can be

they've also been fined before I believe for doing this

you need to log it all down and fire off a complaint to the CEO. by email.

and seek compensation for the distress caused, about £130 should be about the right figure me thinks....:lol::lol:

and I bet you've their secret insurances too that can be reclaimed as well

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and seek compensation for the distress caused, about £130 should be about the right figure me thinks....:lol::lol:

I disagree - I think it should be double that ^__^

Did you pay for their insurances?

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi guys thanks for replies.

Yes I believe I have the insurance but after reading forum I think last month I have had the agreement rewritten

coincidentally they still called twice next day by mistake.

Can I claim the insurance still?

Also they leave cards with a first name on it no date or anything when they come to door.

I can go to BT I hope and get a list of how many times they call etc

is this necessary or should I just complain to there CEO thanks

You can still reclaim the insurances that they force you to take out with every agreement.

If you have the statements from them fir each one(they now send them ince a year) then you should complete a spreadsheet for each agreement.

If you dont have all the info to hand then its a good start to send a SAR to get the info first.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I am going to look into SAR but probably have the statements.

I emailed them yesterday to advise I only wanted to be contacted by email or post

they have been at door again today and on phone but had no response to my email.

Thanks for your help. p.s they came to door yesterday as well so looks like they escalating this : )

Edited by johnboy2010

the person knocking on the door is some poor self employed agent who doesnt know anything about anything so dont be afraid of them.

i would be telling them politely that they are not to call again or you will seek to have them arrested for harassment and trespass and let them know that any phone calls will be treated in the same way

Hi oh my god

I told them on phone yesterday that I have contacted their head office and asked for communication only by email or post.

My gf has been up stairs reading today and they have called three or four times and came to door for 3rd day running.

They havent responded to my complaint either.

I have already told the representatives to stop coming to door without appouintment but they dont listen.

I could understand if I am trying to completely blank them but I have said email or post.

p.s I have an additional leaflet with my card today saying about late payment charges been in effect from 19th august 2017

doorsteppers have no powers to do anything

they are not bailiffs

write and complain to CEO

tell him you want compensation for the stress of their agent being at your door 3 days? running.

this is not acceptable. and is harassment.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Morning johnboy2010,

As this is a public forum, I ask that you contact our Customer Relations Department. I see from your previous posts that you have been in contact but we would like to confirm that we are aware of your situation and aim to help in resolving the issues of your complaint. Once we have been able to establish your account details, we will help you in any way we can and will be able to advise you of your options. We aim to offer help and support in managing your account and have many options available for such a situation. I would encourage you to consider contacting our Customer Relations Team again on 0800 526 069 as this would allow for us to discuss your concerns with you directly and allow for a speedier resolution.

Many Thanks, Rahul (Web Relations Team)

If you contact Brighthouse by phone, then record your call.

If you're unable to record your calls, then writing only, so you have a paper trail of evidence.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes I realise now I spoke to head office on 28th July. The lady in phone called the store while I listened in and told them under no circumstance should they do anymore home visits or calls but today yet again another card through door and witness to say they at door and more calls on house phone.

I also received a notice of sum in arrears which is now 239 from a 130 pound balance. I really don't know what to do I feel sick.

I just called head office who said my complaint is closed and advised no manager available I spoke to David who would only give name after asking for a payroll number etc so he can be identified. His advice was to complain to ombudsman or police. Thanks for your help guys

and they

Document all of their harassment, you've told them you don't want them knocking your door, they've continued, report them to the police for the criminal offence of harassment.

Stay OFF the phone to them, deal with these children in writing only.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have been 'through the mill' with this lot as well, made the complaints which involved the CEO but was passed to pillar to post and ended up with a resolution which suited them.

You was lucky to receive a notice of sums from Brighthouse, I never received the notice of sums or a default notice from them and it was only by accident when I checked my credit report that Brighthouse has registered a default notice,needless to say that I have now informed the FOS and the ICO of their games as I have a trail of the e-mails that I have sent them - also I sent Brighthouse further e-mails regarding the notice of sums and default notice that I never received but as expected they have not responded.

Also I returned my item back to my local store months ago before the default was registered on my credit report, who then tried to pressure me in to a re-write, I politely declined and the store assistant advised me that my account is closed with nothing further to pay and I will receive a letter confirming this, guess what? like the notice of sums and default notice I did not receive nothing.

Interestingly on checking my credit report again my account is marked as closed with Brighthouse, just waiting now for anything else further to happen and I will have a field day with them.