style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

recently me and a few friends were caught shoplifing £58.97 worth of makeup from Boots.

This is my first ever offence and I clearly wasn't thinking right, I'm so ashamed of myself.

we were caught by CCTV and the two guards came up to us and took us to back of house.

At this point, I knew I messed up.

He gave us the option of either telling our parents or calling the police and risking a criminal record.

OBVIOUSLY, we chose to just tell our parents even though we knew we'd get in a huge amount of trouble.

The goods were taken back by Boots with no damage done.

After this ,they took our details and gave us a 12 month ban and a sheet behind with RLP in the corner.

We were told we'd be expecting a 'fine' of around £120 which I thought was ridiculous for a 16 year old to be paying.

Yes, I know I did wrong but come on?!

me being me I decided to do some research and came across a number of forums and threads telling me I should ignore the letters,

but this sounds really wrong considering they threaten to take people to court? :(

I really don't want to stress my parents out even more as we have a lot of things to be paying for at the moment and I myself am stressing too because I don't want to get into even more trouble.

Please help me before I lose my marbles :(((((

Hi,

Glad you have found the error of your ways and hopefully will be your last, not your parents but a change of friends would not go amiss.

Great that you have researched RLP, please have a search around the forums, you will receive approx. 4 letters from RLP, RLP do insert your name into the paragraphs to give it a more personal touch, however it is not a fine, it is a speculative invoice so therefore please ignore, after the letters from RLP have dried up, a Debt Collection Agency may write a couple of time but it is good news as you are nearly at the end of receiving letters.

RLP have tried Court a long time ago and got totally shot down by the Judge, no judgement was awarded in their favour so ignore any idle threats, do not attempt to ring them at any cost.

Enjoy your life.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

ignore them totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

will they eventually begin to write to my parents?

Surely this isn't allowed without my permission..

. If my parents see these letters they'll want to pay the fine and get it over with.

I know they won't believe the stuff i'd show them about rlp

they might well see the letter as they have RLP on the envelope

but no they cannot write to your parents

it is not a FINE!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...