Stone in crisps

Mrs_Mop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

At the beginning of the month I was happily munching my way through a tasty packet of crisps when I bit into a small stone. I emailed the manufacturer the same day with photographs. No reply; not even an acknowledgement.

I forwarded the email to the shop and, after chasing them, they asked for more details, which I provided. They passed them on to the manufacturer, who asked me to send them the stone. I've refused but have contacted the food safety team at the council in which the crisp manufacturer is based.

I made an appointment with the dentist the day after it happened and have chipped a tooth and cracked another one. The dentist offered to file the chipped tooth and said that I may have some problems with the cracked one in the future.

I went back last week as my teeth became sensitive and the dentist covered the chip with sealant and x-rayed the cracked tooth.

The dentist has been great and not charged me for the two appointments or treatment. I've taken time off work (and have worked through lunches to make up the time). I don't want compensation, just for any related dental treatment to be reimbursed.

The shop has sent me a £5 goodwill voucher. (It's quite insulting and I really wish they hadn't bothered. I'm very tempted to hand it in at the shop and ask the manager to sign for it!)

Is there any way I can cover myself for any future dental work related to the injury?

Many thanks,

Mrs M.

The crisp manufacturer would need to see the stone to understand how it got through their production line. Without seeing it, i doubt you would get much further with this.

It would have to be very small, more like a piece of grit.

Why not send it by recorded delivery to the crisp manufacturer, after having taken photos of it on a piece of white paper. Also if you have the packet they will want to see that as well.

If they are satisfied that the stone would have been light/small enough to stick to a crisp, then they should pay for any dental treatment and costs you incur. If you have anything from the Dentist, send that as well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread