Arrows/Capquest /Shoosmiths - Halifax OD debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi anyone out there, so glad I found this forum.

I had an overdraft about 3 years ago with Halifax for £1500

I have had numerous letters from Capquest which I ignored and then last week Arrow Global .

This morning I received a letter from Shoosmiths threatening court action and I am now very worried.

As much help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ask Halifax for copies of all statements of account, so you can see how much of the overdraft is fees.

If Halifax won't do this easily for no fee, then you might have to submit a subject access request letter paying the £10 fee due.

Write to Shoosmiths advising that you are currently investigating the matter with Halifax and ask them to put it in hold.

Did you ever tell Halifax you had money problems or any health issues that caused money problems ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

tell us a bit more about this debt first before doing anything...

have you run away from the debt and moved ?

its a bit strange for Halifax to sell this if its only from 2014..unless you have?

oh and read the letter properly...

it doesn't say will anything.

capquest/arrows/shoesmith are all the same printer in the same office

a DCA is not a BAILIFF

and have no such legal powers at all

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the replies

I am sure the debt is 2-3 years old, I am still at the same address as when I took out the overdraft . I was hounded with phone calls and letters from Capquest and then only last week it was Arrows and now Shoosmiths. The letter from yesterday says that " if you cannot agree in the next 14 days to repay the outstanding balance with Arrow Global we will issue court proceedings against you for the full sum together with legal costs "

Thank you

Shoosmiths do issue court claims on behalf of Halifax.

Get hold of all statements of account from Halifax and see what charges were added.

Write to Shoosmiths advising that you are currently seeking information from their client Halifax regarding disputed issues.

Ask them to put the matter in hold, while you obtain information from Halifax and obtain advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If Halifax continued adding charges for ages, then you might be able to negotiate a reduced amount of debt.

This is why i asked you about whether you contacted Halifax about debt and/or health issues, as Halifax did have responsibilities, if they knew of hardship issues.

Only worth contacting Stepchange, if you have other debts and you wish to enter into a formal debt management plan.

scan the letter up to pdf please

click upload and read

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...