HSBC closing my business account, but admit it is an error by the IT team

maggie60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am having an issue with HSBC with whom I have held business and personal accounts with for over 30 years.

I have received notification that my business account is being closed due to failure to submit the HSBC Safeguard form by 12 June 2017.

This form was submitted on 11 June 2017, a fact confirmed by 4 members of the HSBC Remediation Team, however, on the 12 June a popup claimed the form had not been received (despite showing a link to the completed form) and the account was being closed, but we had until the 10th October to complete it for the bank to reconsider. We assumed this was a fault on the system and decided to leave it for a few days to see if the message disappeared.

A few days later we received a letter confirming the closure (not on the 10th October but 13th August).

Wed 21st June – Called 08000 304 516 and spoke to Abdullah (Remediatioons) who confirmed it was an error, the form was received on 11 June and he would get the message removed.

Mon 8th July – Chased as no correction. We were now growing concerned and started recording calls about this case. I spoke to Abdullah again, who disappeared for 15 minutes, then asked several questions on the form which we answered. He said HSBC would be writing to me and “not to worry as we had until the 13th August to sort out the form and get the closure removed.”

Fri 14th July – Chased again as no letter. Received call back from Jasmina (HSBC Remediations Supervisor) who again confirmed they received the form on 11th June and they were aware of the error. The message was a known problem and being removed by the correction team on 17th June. She said she would monitor it.

Wed 19th July – Still no correction and we have been told for the last four weeks it would be. Spoke to Letitia who again confirmed it was the bank’s mistake and she would get Jasmina (who is dealing with it) to call us today.

When asked to confirm the account was no longer being closed, Letitia replied “I cannot make that decision.”

Will I still have a business account on 14 August? “I am going to reassure you to let you know that there is NO intention of doing that…….we can see it is our issue……you are NOT going to be jeopardised.” (taken from recording o call).

“I will reach out to get someone to reassure you……I will escalate it……..I will definitely get that reassurance for you today,,,,,,,I will get Jasmina to call you today.”

Fri 21st July – Rang again as no call from Jasmina. Spoke to Raman who said she would get the IT department to correct the message. I explained I was told this a month ago and she promised to escalate this and suggested I contact customer complaints as several customers who submitted their forms in June were having the same problem.

The account closure is 3 weeks away and as we have been promised for the last month this was an error that would be corrected, we have made no attempt to open another. Plus:

• We have no wish to move our business account, we have a small overdraft on the account and besides this, everything is fine.
  • They are closing it on the basis that we did not submit a form, however, four members of staff of HSBC confirm was received on time.
  • We are not able to speak to someone in a position to give us direct answers.
  • We are currently working on current and forthcoming projects that will be paid in August and September and need to know we will have a bank account for the funds to be paid in to.

All we need is someone to say we are not closing your account, but nobody will.

Edited by maggie60

Has anyone tried Cashplus - are they really as bad as Trustpilot reviews?

I was concerned as they only received 4.3/10, until I saw HSBC received 0.6/10 with 90% bad reviews.

Thanks. I am due a call from the complaints team in the next day or two, and it that does not resolve it, I will email him.

Not moved bank, as I have been relatively happy with them for the last 30+ years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Sorry, didn't see your comment.

Email to MD did the trick and they started taking notice.

Wonderful! - Proof emailing up above can make a difference :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis