Council PCN fine increased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a council PCN, challenged it & just received a Notice of Rejection. In the letter the council informed me that the fine has now been increased from £65 to £130. I thought that if you present representations once you receive a PCN and fail, you still get chance to pay the reduced fine. Am I wrong?

Thanks

Unfortunately no, however the adjudication officer could of at their discretion made you still pay the reduced amount.

Can you please post your details of what the offence was & what was your basis of appeal?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I had a puncture in my rear driver side tyre. As I was driving, the wheel began to make a noise so I stopped the car in the nearest & safest place I could find, which happened to be a loading bay. I went to buy an emergency tyre repair foam. I did not put a note on the car but anyone looking at the car could see that the tyre was dangerously low. When I got back to the car I completed the repair with the foam & when I went to enter the driver's seat, I saw the pcn on my car front window.

The Council's pictures do not show the side of the car where the puncture was & their position is ,that I parked in a goods loading area and that I have not shown proof of the puncture.

Thanks

You could appeal to the Traffic Appeal Tribunal Service, I have had a quick look to see if you come under the Compelling Reasons that you did not submit your full evidence and that the Council photograph was photographed from a position where the punture was not shown (however, the leasing Company of my car only takes a photo from a certain angle and not all the way around so this may also be the local authorities procedure).

The appeals process is explained here https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/before-you-begin-your-appeal/

You will though need documentary evidence as to the purchase of the tyre weld and also why you did not change the tyre either through medical reason or the spare was also damaged and therefore could not be fitted.

If not, sorry but pay the fine & chalk it up to life.

Please do not pay the fine on principle because the local authority will go to Court and then Bailiffs and further fines will be incurred.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thread moved to the correct forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Has the council issued you with a Notice to Owner?

Normally if you appeal prior to the Notice to Owner, and lose, you would expect to be able to settle at the discounted rate.

Can you describe/name what you have been sent from the start, and the dates?

• 2 weeks later...
Has the council issued you with a Notice to Owner?

Normally if you appeal prior to the Notice to Owner, and lose, you would expect to be able to settle at the discounted rate.

Can you describe/name what you have been sent from the start, and the dates?

Usually its if you write in before 14 days not before the NTO otherwise the 14 day period is pointless as you could appeal on day 27 and pay the discount.

The 14 day rule is to encourage prompt payment. However appeals lodged at the informal stage are usually treated as being at the discounted rate. People do appeal on day 27 and get re-offered the discount.