Clydesdale Credit Card Account, address for serving N1?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

Here I am, still knocking around. Quick help needed, if you please?

I am taking Clydesdale CC to SCC, spent 25mns talking to drones, not one of them was capable of giving me the correct address fr service (!).

1 - Does anyone know where to send it?

2 - If it turns out to be HO, which is in Glasgow, am I right that I can still pursue them in England using the "out of jurisdiction" CPR rule?

Thanks in advance, folks.

B.

HI Bookworm - Why are you taking them to court? :)

Long story short, I used my card in Spain for a hire car. The hire car company added their "extra" insurance without me noticing, the amount I saw going off was, I thought, what they usually "block" in case of accident to make sure you have enough funds. As the card was new, I didn't have a PIN for it, so they made me sign on a digital screen.

When the money didn't unblock on my account after a couple of weeks, I contacted the broker, who then advised that I had bought the extra insurance. (yeah, right)

I contacted Clydesdale to raise a dispute, but they would have none of it, their standard response was "you signed for it", even though I told them it had been done fraudulently, asI would never have taken the extra insurance. How can I prove this? Well, I have an annual "reduce your excess waiver" policy, which covers precisely the extortionate amount hire car companies usually try to get you to take out as "additional cover". Why on Earth would I agree to pay £250 for something I buy for £35 per year here?

So, instead of suing the hire car company, which is in Spain, and therefore practically immune from justice, I am going after Clydesdale, arguing breach of their fiduciary duty. They never even examined my claim of fraud, they just went with the "there's your signature, you agreed to it" attitude, despite me repeatedly pointing out to them they had a duty to at least investigate.

There'll also be a couple of £12 charges on top, as the £250 amount would have cleared my balance, so I didn't pay attention to the postal statements they sent me (Clydesdale doesn't do online checking for credit card customers, only if you also have a bank account with them, which is another complaint I have with them, but that's a different topic) and didn't realise I was supposed to pay something that month, so they slapped me with a late payment charge. I'm not having that kind of behaviour, thank you very much. :-p

so they refused a section 75 too?

oppss that's not good for them if they did.

its exactly what section 75 is there for...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...