Virgin media - Unknowingly forced into a new contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, situation is as follows:

Moved to a new property in Oct 2016 and got virgin installed on the 4th for 9 months on a student contract billed at £34.00 and had nothing but problems with them from the get go.

First of all,

they didn't even send the router to the correct house as it should've turned up on Saturday the 1st when I moved in.

Secondly in February time I phoned them up to tell I wanted the payments to be taken from another account (let's call it account B) which was a joint account with my partner as it was originally on my own account (Account A).

After speaking with them they said everything was fine and the payment was swapped over.

I then ceased using my own personal account and went on holiday for 2 months (Mid feb - mid April).

When I got home I found at that they hadn't swapped the payments over and they were still billing my account A.

Because I hadn't anticipated this and was purely using account B for everything now

I didn't have enough money in account A to cover the bills so it forced me into an over draft which I then incurred fees for.

I got on the phone straight away in mid april time to report the problem and kick off

I spoke to a manager who said that they hadn't logged the February call so had no evidence of me ever phoning them up to request a change.

I was shocked by this level of service and asked to speak to another manager who I was told could help me.

I was told this manager would phone me back in 2 hours’ time, but then 2 or 3 days had passed and I still hadn't got a call back.

By this time, I was raging and when I explained to the new manager on the call back he apologised and explained that he couldn't give me any money back to cover the over draft fees but as an apology he could reduce the monthly price of my bill from £34.00 to £32 a month and bump my speeds up to 100mb from 50mb.

He said he would do this as a good will gesture, and said he would amend the student contract to reflect these changes and that I didn't have to worry about it.

It is important to mention that I didn't receive any paperwork from Virgin about this change which I thought was strange,

but I checked my internet speed and it had gone up to 100mb so I know the manager had made the changes.

It is now July time and my original student contract for 9 months should've ended,

I have just phoned up Virgin to see why they haven't contacted me about a contract renewal and the advisor said the manager has entered me into a new contract when I called up to complain in April.

They're now saying my contract doesn't run out until April 2018, and we are planning to move to another property in September 2017!

The advisor on the phone said there is nothing she could do, and she has organised for a manager to give me a call back in 2 hours’ time

(but I’m not hopeful this will ever happen) :|

This whole thing has been an absolute nightmare from the start and is even a nightmare now I'm trying to finish it.

Has anyone got any advice for me?

Thanks in advance

Josh

They can offer you a new contract as a choice, but cannot just issue one without telling you. VM are well known for just issuing new contracts without fully explaining.

If they don't resolve this, suggest you send a complaint letter or email to VM head office and if necessary escalate to OFCOM.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you should never phone anyone about contracts etc without recording the call.

you now have no papertrail

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They can offer you a new contract as a choice, but cannot just issue one without telling you. VM are well known for just issuing new contracts without fully explaining.

If they don't resolve this, suggest you send a complaint letter or email to VM head office and if necessary escalate to OFCOM.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I even said over the phone I was not looking for a new contract, and the manager said it was no problem he will just reduce the price and bump up the speeds as a good will gesture.

Do you know of where I can get the address for the VM head office?

Email [email protected]

Telephone 01256 752000

Switchboard 01256 752000

Website http://www.virginmedia.co.uk

Personal Twitter @TomMockridgeVM

Social Media T F Y

Postal Address Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UPM

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread