Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder tissot Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2017

Default Re: PPM - 2 PCNs fallen permit - Flats Winterthur Way Basingstoke

I have attached the letter (sorry in advance as I don't have a scanner)

The previous letters from PPM are for 200 (100 for each PCN), this letter from gladdys states 320 with no explanation of extra charges.

Regards,

tissot

Attached Files

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Write back to Gladdys the following:-

Dear Will and John,

as you are the world's cleverest solicitors you would never do anything as stupid as sending out demands for monies that are not due on purpose.

Remind your clients that
    firstly
    I have supremacy of contract they can shove their demands where the sun doesn't shine.

secondly,
    even if I didn't, the amount due can never be more than the contractual sum, where they get the idea that somehow the 200 can magically turn into 320 I do not know, perhaps they have been listening to the wrong person who is either spinning them a yarn or is actually too thick to know better.

I would also remind them that they would lose a claim for
    damages
    trespass,
    harassment
    and for breach of the DPA
    for obtaining my keeper details when they have no cause to do so.

The sad thing is their trade association didn't warn them that parking management is not a licence to print money, that they have responsibilities and they have failed to carry them out with due diligence.

Perhaps, once you clients have cogitated on this for a while they should write to the IPC and tell them what an unprofessional bunch they are for allowing this situation to occur in the first place as their advice when vetting of the operations has clearly failed.

As you know, the IPC and Gladstones are the same two people who just like dressing up differently to claim they are not the same organisation.

Send a copy to PPM so they know that you aren't going to give them an easy ride as the chances are they have been misled into believing that it is money for old rope and perhaps they wont bite when Gladdys tell them that there is no risk involved in suing people.

Dont water it down,
    that will make them think that you may waver if you do get a court claim formicon.

As it stands,
    this letter will be part of the evidence paper trail and I cant see that being easily waved away when the "reasonableness" test is applied to a failed claim.

Thanks EB you are a poet to say the least !
    Wish I could send it exactly like that.

Shall suitably edit and get it sent to both gladdys and PPM shall let you know if anything happens.

Thanks for your help.

tissot

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

no, you send it exactly like that,
    If I wanted people to edit my copyright material I would charge you for its use in the first place.

Editing will reduce its effect and probably show that you dont actually know what you are on about or are unsure of your legal position.

That WILL result in getting a court claim formicon where with this you reduce that likelihood as the letter will be produced in court to show that you have communicated with them and their action is entirely unreasonable

Cant you be bothered to read about these people?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

If you alter it it loses it's impact so best follow EB's advice. PPC's and Gladstones are not ethical people, they can and will make spurious demands also they probably break the law to make a few quid.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    no, you send it exactly like that,
    If I wanted people to edit my copyright material I would charge you for its use in the first place.

Editing will reduce its effect and probably show that you dont actually know what you are on about or are unsure of your legal position.

That WILL result in getting a court claim formicon where with this you reduce that likelihood as the letter will be produced in court to show that you have communicated with them and their action is entirely unreasonable

Cant you be bothered to read about these people?
    Sorry if I offended you EB, but you do have to understand for someone that spends all their time in a corporate environment. Sarcasm is not a communication style that is often adopted.

However I trust fully in your advice !

Letter was sent a few days ago (unedited) so it's just a waiting game now.

Regards,

Tissot

Gold Account Holder lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Tissot
    many of these parking companies are nothing like the most of the kind of corporate companies you are used to dealing with.

Most of the parking companies names that appear on this Forum are nothing short of criminal organisations
    though too stupid to aspire to anything other than being tuppeny ha'penny whizbangs
    [that expression reveals my age since those pennies were old ones not the newones we have now.].

They cheat and lie, commit perjury,overcharge, ignoreicon the Law and do not adhere to the guide lines of their own Associations
    which they have to in order to receive our data from the DVLA.
    They operate to extract as much money from motorists as they can and that is their sole modus operandi
    they do this behind a cloak of doing good by keeping car parks free for genuine customers].

The truth is that genuine customers are just as likely to be fleeced as anyone else.

So EB fights fire with fire.
    He wants them to know that they are not going to get an easy ride
    so they may as well go and look elsewhere if they want to make easy money.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details