Shoplifting - will the employer be informed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

One of my friends was caught shoplifting today with goods worth about £50.

They took him into the security office where he admitted it.

They said that they would not inform the police and therefore would not be charged.

RLP would be involved and they would issue a civil penalty fine.

A police community support officer was called in as well.

My friend is an accountant and they said that they might have to contract the employer.

Is this allowed?

My friend is worried sick so I said I would investigate the issue for him.

I told my friend that the employer would probably be contacted as accountant is a similar position to something like a doctor where you need ethics.

Cheers

a4007035

wrong!!

I've moved you to the retail loss prevention forum.

the staff did NOT say the word FINE.

its not a fine and can NEVER hurt his employment.

forget about it

tell him not to shoplift again.

and he totally ignores ALL silly letters from rlp

they have no legal powers whatsoever and to never ever pay them.

read the threads here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

First of all thanks for moving this post to the right place. Sorry about that.

My friend said it was the Police Community Support Officer that informed him that because his position involves a duty of care and there is a code of ethics to abide by then the employer may need to be informed.

This makes sense to me as if it was someone like an MP then surely that would result in automatic dismissal.

Like I say because it was my friend's first offence and he was honest no charges were made.

But surely the Police Community Support Officer has contacts with the police who can then inform the employer.

My friend said they took their national insurance number as well as the details from his drivers licence. So I thought that the NI number would be used to identify his employment.

Furthermore if they ignore the RLP letters can't the security team of the shop then contact the police to make the arrest and subsequent charge.

Apologies if my questions sound silly.

I've just got my friend in a panic and wanted to offer some reassurance.

I should say that my friend is more worried about his employer knowing as he may be excluded as a member from the accountancy body.

Nobody will inform his employer. It's a well known scare tactic to get people to pay

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

theres is absolutely no chance of any employer being informed.

the PCSO was simply stating what could happen if the police take things further.

but as a 'proper' police officer did not caution him

then theres no more involvement from them.

and they cannot retrospectively get involved.

the 'security' team nor RLP cannot inform anyone external to their organisation as they are restricted by the data protection act.

ignore totally forget about it.

don't respond to any stupid letters from RLP.

they have no legal powers whatsoever.

go read RLP threads here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no the buggers use waterproof paper now!

and they

RLP were tolchocked in court and definitely have no powers. ignore, then ignore some more.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 weeks later...

PDF please

and they

Yes let's see what their latest scary letter says, and what groundless claims contained therein.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

PFD attached

Apologies PDF is on its side. But should be easy enough to rotate. Quality looks readable to me.

Will try and get him to send the original.

Also, in the original message i said my friend was an accountant.

Apparently he says he's got an audit to do at the Met Police and they ask all third parties to fill in an NPPV2 form (it wont let me post this but you can google it and its the first hit)

He filled in the form and he says it got rejected.

However, apparently it is normal for it to be rejected because things like addresses need to completely correlate in chronological order.

In saying that he was worried that it could be because of this incident.

So the question is would the Met Police have access to this information?

Full page photo.pdf

1000% noway

and they

Letter is their std rubbish one

Exactly the same as day one when they first started

Not even 1 word difference

and they

The police will not be involved now. Nor ever. The employer will not be informed now. Nor ever.

All RLP will do is send desperate letters hoping to get money off you ( thats jackies MO), and when that fails, she passes it to a bottom dwelling DCA to try and intimidate you.

Ignore it, laugh hard and move forward.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

RLP rely on fear and guilt to collect money that isnt due but if they did start telling employers about the allegations they would be out of business very sharpish for breaking the law.

They claim all sorts of things that aren't true such as shared databases and partnerships with ACPO again, not true and denied by the police, who are embarrassed by this petticoat clinging

GDPR from next May should put RLP in their box, they probably hold and process data unlawfully already, so a breach of GDPR could see them shut down and Jackie facing jail for non payment of the multi million £ fine.