I've received a ltter from a DCA demanding money within 7 days. Is this okay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title says.

This is not a final notice, but the very first.

I'm not even sure what the debt's for,

but I've looked at the template letter on here and I am going to send that.

Just wondering if there's anything in the CCA that stipulates a minimum amount of time to pay back the debt.

Cheers!

The letter should state who the original creditor the debt was owed to, if it is requesting payment. You could then find out whether the debt was actually owed at the amount stated, by contacting the original creditors.

Check your credit record to see if it shows the debt being chased by this DCA.

You don't need to send any letter. At this stage unless they say they are issuing a court claim, you don't send a CCA request, if that is relevant.

If you want more more specific advice, we need more info on the debt being chased.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the info,

I was specifically asking whether there is a stipulation that says I have to be allowed a minimum of X days, under the CCA.

7 days from posting (5 days from receipt) doesn't seem fair.

Reason i did not answer that point, is that it is not really relevant at this stage.

If a debt is now with a DCA, there was a default with the original creditors i.e you already failed to pay in accordance with terms of the CCA.

A DCA by quoting 7 days means absolutely nothing in regard to your previous contract with the original creditors.

You can safely ignore them.

Only if you received a letter before claim saying that a court claim will be issued if no reply is received within 21 days would a diary date be relevant to you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ignore the DCA. They have no legal right to put any timeline on anything they send. Which DCA is it.

Dont send ANYTHING. Its a threatogram and i guarantee no real person has even seen it at their office. Its automatically printed out. Put in an envelope and sent out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ignore them!!

a DCA IS NOT A BAILIFF

and have

NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER>

tell us about the debt please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A thought occured to me as to whether this is Moorcroft chasing. I know some companies use them at the end of their debt chasing cycle, before a default is noted.

It would help if we had more information.

Moorcroft don't buy debts

not even worth thinking about just like wescot.

the OP is new

and very green.

they need to be aware of post 6

and tell us about the debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Who is the Original Creditor?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!