Facebook disabled my account!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on Wednesday morning i found out Facebook had disabled my Facebook page! :o

it seems to be because my real name is XXXXXXXXX, but my Facebook page [& everything on the internet] is called XXXXXXXXX.

Apparently it's against Facebook's rules to use a name that isn't your real name!

i have got my real name on my page's info section & as my nickname [which only my FB friends can see] but that's not good enough i guess.

i've used xxxxxxx for my Facebook since i joined in 2009 so i'm shocked & angry i suddenly got disabled now.

if Facebook would un-disable my account then i could change my name, but i can't change my name if they wont let me log in! ;(

so far all i can do is fill in Facebook's stupid [automated] forms online. no actual human being.

so far they're asking for ID with xxxxxxxx on. which i obviously don't have cause it's my nickname, not my real name.

Facebook don't understand that some people like to be under a nickname/false name, especially when you have mental health issues & an abusive ex-husband. even the police advise a fake name for certain people.

what happened to anonymity?

i can't even tell my Facebook friends why i'm missing because my profile has disappeared. :/

if i could actually contact a human being that works for Facebook...rather automated stuff...then i could get this sorted. anyone know if there's a way to get to a human?

i know not everyone likes Facebook or social media, but it's my lifeline; so any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Andyorch
names removed

Just have to go through their appeals process. It's a private company, private site and their rules. They're doing nothing wrong so you have to go through their appeals.

It seems automated but when you submit the info they want, it goes to a real person .

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

they dont like you using another name as it screws up their data mining. You also get problems if you post nothing but pictures of your knitting for example, they want to use their facial recognition software to see what you are up to for some reason. I got suspended for showing off my craft stuff and they told me I was blatatly a business in disguise. Well, if you are going to buy an undersized french bean for a tenner maybe I am but I thought it was a humourous comment to a relative who wroks in the restaurant trade. Their robots that read all of your posts clearly have no idea about satire.