• Tweets

• Hi Lolerz Thanks for replying to me, yes I've been ignoring her & will continue to do so. All she keeps saying is they want to come up with an amicable settlement. Keeps saying this to our receptionist she shouldn't be saying this to a receptionist or even me in the first place as they have given no proof of anything no IP addresses noting just keeps saying about an amicable settlement.
    • If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

old stepchange dmp - cant afford payments now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I'm new to this

I have been with a debt management company for a few years and have huge debts mostly Lloyds loans.

Some had ppi which I have claimed back over the years should I of tried to claim as I have been off sick since 2003.

i have read i can request agreements what would this achieve?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whos the DMP with?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stepchange I pay £85 a month

some joint debts

some separate I'm married.

most are Lloyds sold on to cabot

some mbna couple of credit cards

an overdraft

all interest frozen

we are both on benefits now due to ill health.

What can I do?

Thank you for reply

list your debts please

original creditor

amount owing

who you pay now

what type of credit

when you took it out

what is the defaulted date from your credit file.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lloyds tsb cardservices £13000=cabot credit card

Lloyds tsbcardservices £12800=cabot credit card

Lloyds tsb loan £11200=cabot, loan

egg loan £8560 = apex credit management, loan

egg card £8378 =link financial outsource, credit card

Lloyds tsb loan £5878 = nco cabot, loan

mbna loan £5776 =cabot financial, loan

Lloyds loan £5216 = idem capital securities, loan

Lloyds £4137 = cabot financial, overdraft

mbna limited £1750 1st credi,t loan or credit card,

Ive paid £16000 towards spread fairly between them since 2008

joined debt management in feb 2008 all debts were prior to this approx. year leading up to it

where do I find defaulted date please? I think they are all off my credit file I'm not sure of the other answers

haven't you thought it really really strange that LLOyds didn't take you to court and crush you for £34k debt but they chose to sell it on to a non powers DCA?

Send everyone you pay a CCA request

you are I bet being cash cowed onmost of your debts.

and as they are not on your credit file

the defaults are older than 6yrs so can never return

ouch! you are going to feel rather silly in 6mts when this is all over

and they

Will nothing happen

I wont go to court or anything

my worst dread was loosing my house

I had brain surgery 4 years ago

I'm lucky to be alive

My debts drag me down every day

thank you

I wont feel silly

ill feel amazingly happy if I had no debt

well get the ground work done and this could be whole lotta worry off your mind.

they most certainly cant do court without an enforceable agreement.

ill have a guess here too that you've been or did talk to all these fleecers at one point or another over the phone?

or was it you read all the threat-o-grams the wrong way..omitting to notice they all said may/could/might/instructed

and not WILL anything?

don't forget a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have no more legal powers than you or I

if we think someone owes us money

and that's to issue a court claim

and they

yes ive spoke to them all over the years

they have offered f&f settlements on occasion that I have tried to borrow to pay unsuccessfully as it was still to much to borrow.

Thank you

starting to see light at end of tunnel

just a few questions

what do I do first?

cancel stepchange?

Do cca to them all?

is the overdraft debt the same too?

I understand the different sections but which is my first step?

Thank you

as post 6 CCA request to everyone being paid via stepchange

on the OD just ignore cabot for now.

yes i'd cancel stepchange

get an sar running to Lloyds too

and they

just to clarify the dca are the ones I send cca to or original lenders ?

do I use the original account numbers?

then a sar to Lloyds sorry

I'm still trying to absorb info

what will happen if they have paperwork?

just to clarify the dca are the ones I send cca to or original lenders ? to whomever is being paid thru stepchange on a debt

do I use the original account numbers? - yes

then a sar to Lloyds sorry - yes get all the statements they hold on everything they gave you.

I'm still trying to absorb info

what will happen if they have paperwork?

if 'they' reply to a CCA request.

you scan ALL the returned paperwork up

and go start a new thread in the named forum of the ORIGINAL CREDITOR which can be accessed by hitting the top main forum tab and scrolling down

and let us see the return.

and they

Ok thanks again

ok im nearly ready to start

the account numbers are for dca not the original debt

do I need to tie it in to original debt or just do cca to dca they have all been bought out over the years

Also finally what about joint named things

is the SAR able to do in joint names or separate for each or us it was a joint account overdraft?

on a CCA request you ALWAYS use the ORIGINAL ACCOUNT NUMBER

as for the SAR

you both sign it as there are joint A/C's

and they

CCA request to all. I guarantee you can forget about each loan cabot is involved with. They dont chase legit debts. Depending on the outcome of the CCA, you can wipe of almost 50k of your debt for the cost of maybe a tenner.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Tell stepchange you want to go it alone. Get those CCA's off asap. I guarantee we can help you wipe off many thousands off that total amount, if not close to all of it.

Just make sure youc ome back here every step of the way so we can give you the advice you need.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

post 12 states what to do.

on average we gat about 2 people a month here that come with exactly alike scenarios as you.

they blindly pay whomever they are told to pay.

they think DCA's are bailiffs and get mega scared and panic and run off to these DMP providers

be them free or fee paying.

whats not realised is:

1.they NEVER do any checks whatsoever, into the LEGALITY of any sums demanded.

2, they nearly ALL get paid a secret commission from the people you owe money too to get the funds flowing .

we nearly always find that 90% of the debt being paid are not even legally owed.

• Confused 1

and they

I will this will be life changing do I just post on here what happens I don't know how else to contact you? Its like a dream!

Yes. Keep all info as per post #12

Dont add any personal identifiers, But make sure you come here if you have any questions. Follow DX's advice in post #12 so you can keep your debts separate and they wont get muddled with others. We can help you through this. It might take a small while, but you'll soon be debt free.

To add to whats been said as well, nothing we do is against the law, it wont cost you anything by various companies charging you. The procedure we help you with is actually laid out in law and regulation. Its something the backstreet DCA's dont tell you, mainly because they are all very very VERY shady. They want your money even though theyre not legally entitled to it, nor are the debts legally enforceable in court.

We want you to keep the money and learn from it so if it happens again, youre more knowledgeable in what to do>

Again, going by your list of debts, it should be straight forward to get it sorted.

Create a new thread for every single one of your debts please as per post #12 and provide as much info as possible such as dates, what happened, whose chasing you etc. The more info the better.

I will of learnt a massive valuable lesson

would it be worth me looking on Experian signing back up

I don't know about default stuff offhand.

I have amazed myself finding all the account details and posting it all off today

I'm not very technically minded

I'm not sure if Ill cope with stress

ill do what you say take a step at a time.

I presumed as I borrowed the money I would have to pay it back.

no need to pay for any credit files anymore

noddle clearscore

experian are all FREE now

I doubt ANY of your debts show anymore

and they

I will of learnt a massive valuable lesson would it be worth me looking on Experian signing back up I don't know about default stuff offhand.I have amazed myself finding all the account details and posting it all off today I'm not very technically minded I'm not sure if Ill cope with stress but ill do what you say take a step at a time.I presumed as I borrowed the money I would have to pay it back.

I admire your morals. But you need to throw them out of the window now and think about legalities instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent cca to all of the dca

ive heard back from 2 saying it will take a while in the meantime do I have any info I can send!

its been just over a week

the two ive heard back from are not cabot.