Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: Business with damaged parcels - small claim being defended***Claim Successful***Now Appeal

I would write now. If you get no reply in 7 days then write again.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder randm Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2017

Default Re: Business with damaged parcels - small claim being defended***Claim Successful***Now Appeal

Do I need to do this as a letter or will an email suffice. Do I need to send a copy into the court too? They won't send me a copy if they don't have to.

I noticed there are only a few if not 1 company that does the transcription for the cases so I can always just call them up and ask for it I guess.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Blog Entries

Email is fine. No you don't need to send it to the court. It doesn't matter too much that they don't send you a transcript. The important thing is that they show themselves as uncooperative and if there is eventually an appeal hearing, then every little bit of moral high ground helps.

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder randm Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2017

OK, so a very polite email has been sent to them, for either the transcript copy or the provider of it. I have asked in the spirit of the small claimsicon, open and cooperative system and hope this doesn't poke the bear at all.

Funnily enough, I'm glad we did not jump the gun in this case and get hold of the transcript before the appeal. If i had done so then we would have paid for it and the defendants would have be getting it for free for their appeal right now. Just something worth noting for future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randm View Post
    I'm glad we did not jump the gun in this case and get hold of the transcript before the appeal. If i had done so then we would have paid for it and the defendants would have be getting it for free for their appeal right now. Just something worth noting for future.
    yes, you're right.

Follows
    Following

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details