Working in childcare....

style="text-align: center;"> Β 

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the lastΒ 2478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Β 

Please click the "Report " link

Β 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

Β 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and moreΒ helpΒ 

Β 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Β 

I haven't been on in a while always so pleased to see this group is still here when I do log on I wish I was more knowledgeable about stuff so I could help others πŸ˜•

Β 

I'm here for a bit of a rant as well as any thoughts people may have. I have 2 daughters ages 23 and 21 they both work in childcare private run nurseries

Β 

My older daughter has 9 years exp and is level 3 qualifies my younger daughter has about 3 years experience and is currently studying towards level 3

Β 

They have probably worked in around 6-8 nurseries between them in all of their settings they have been treated so poorly that I am racking my brains trying to think of someone I can report their appalling management to

Β 

My older daughter in her career has had numerous false allegations made against her by other staff members never by children or parents she had 1 "colleague" in one nursery contact the police claiming my daughter had marked her child who she was allowed to work in the same room as she gave 3 different versions to 3 different people stating she had caused 3 marks then 2 then 1 the police ended up saying this was clearly made up and they were not going to peruse anything my daughter had been suspended during this time

Β 

On her return to work after all that came to nothing they sacked her for a "bad mock ofsted visit" cut a long story we of course fought it she got her job back and was transferred to another nursery in the same chain that's just a small example of what my daughters have had to put up with

Β 

My youngest daughter currently works for a nursery almost level 3 qualified my older daughter works for a completely different nursery a member of staff from my older daughters nursery failed to attend a interview she had arranged at my younger daughters nursery and they have told my younger daughter that there is a "black mark" against her name because this member of staff from my older daughters nursery didn't show up my younger daughter has never met her!

Β 

My older daughter has just received a "first and final" warning for a colleague saying she called a child a heamorrid (sp) 1 witness to that who was given an interview and asked do you remember an incident on Monday regarding (my daughter) and a child she said no instead of interview being over the manager went on to explain the whole allegation and then said now do you remember the person said yes when called into diciplinary for questioning she started talking about another incident entirely not involving my daughter yet it was still upheld on appeal

Β 

I've seen my girls be physically ill at the thought of going work they have had panic attacks been doctors offer d sicknotes which they don't take because even 1 day off sick they are questioned or berated

Β 

The treatment of staff in childcare is appalling and I really feel like I need to tell someone about this nursery in particular as I type this my elder daughter is half way through joining the police she's passed interview has had fingerprints DNA etc took has a medical tomorrow and is being fitted for a stab vest very soon but she keeps getting emails from the police HR because they haven't received her reference she's due to leave next Friday they just won't fill it in

Β 

There is so much more but I don't want to complicate you all my daughters worked for the same company up until recently my younger daughter wanted to work at my daughters branch as it is nearer to my home but they said they couldn't work in the same building because they are family about 4 weeks later my elder daughters manager employed the girlfriend of the girl that works in my daughters room they work in the same building 1 room away from each other when my daughter questioned this she was told a couple are not closer than sisters even though they share a bed unbelievable!!

Β 

Please don't think I'm a mother of 2 brats who don't like work that's not true my girls are hard working reliable and trustworthy I have tried emailing the senior manager of this company she assures me she would look into this and I heard nothing

Β 

Who can I make aware of this? My mp? Ofsted? Anyone have a clue?

Β 

Thanks for reading this 😊

well, older daughter will be well out of it. I would suggest that younger daughter changes direction slightly when she qualifies (or even before that) and looks for similar work in a school. Many of the contracts are for 38 weeks (term time) but with the holiday pay covering some of the time she would not be employed not such a difference. Depends on the part of the country you live in but here in the sunny south plenty of jobs availble but housing shortages horrendous so a mixed blessing