Help understanding Ebay refund policy please.

Fienderella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a bit of a battle as I think I narrowly missed being a victim of the 'refund spoof'

but because I fought hard and won my appeal against the buyer who initially opened and won a 'Returns Case',

I successfully got it reversed and they sent me the following message and I'm not sure how to interpret:

""We've reviewed your concerns and have reversed the outcome of the case.

You don't need to take any additional action to reimburse eBay for the refund paid to the buyer, and eBay will make no further attempts to seek reimbursement from you.

Because we decided in your favor, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.

If you have other questions, please contact us. You can reach us by going to the eBay website and clicking "Help & Contact" in the upper right corner and then selecting "Contact eBay."

Thanks,

eBay"""

Exactly what do they mean by their first line as they did actually return back to my account funds equal to the value of the sale

- and if they are not coming back to me for reimbursement,

who is going to pay the buyer who has since returned the item to the delivery company for insurance reasons but only AFTER ebay reversed it's decision against them?

And if ebay isn't going to come back to me to take the refund and I can't refund because the option has gone since they've closed the case,

How comes the buyer's out of pocket as this doesn't sit well with me either :( All really confusing. :(

Although to be fair to ebay and the buyer

- the buyer was acting rather 'oddily' as if they knew exactly how to play the Refund spoof and thankfully I followed the advice of others and checked with ebay at every aspect and I believe ebay did say they would be investigating the buyer further as they felt something was not right either.

If anyone could shed some light on how ebay works once a Returns Case has been reversed and what their first line actually means, I'd be less confused :) Thanks in advance.

simply means forget about it all

not your problem

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

but what if they've then decided to return the item now the case is closed..... ? I'm expecting them to take the funds again from me - hence my head scratch and I'm trying not to dip into it because I simply can't afford to find a bulk sum...

that's not your problem.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi -

update:

I've just had the following message through from ebay:

I’m sorry to hear your transaction didn't go as smoothly as expected. After looking into your case, it appears that we granted your appeal.

Since the case was not closed, the seller is no longer accountable for the reported transaction. As such, once a case has been closed, it can't be reopened or appealed.

If you have not done so already, I strongly suggest you contact your seller to explain what’s happened and try to work things out with them, as often issues like this can be resolved quickly over the telephone. You can request the seller's telephone information by selecting Find contact information at the link below

xxxxxx

We'll send you an automatic email with the seller's contact details. At the same time, we'll also send the seller your contact details. We provide them with these details as we feel this maintains trust and fairness on eBay if members are aware that another member has requested their contact information.

In the event that you and the buyer agreed for a refund once you received the item, you can send their refund through send money tab in PayPal. Here's how to send money to anyone:

1. Log in to your account at paypal

2. Click the "Send Money" tab.

3. Choose " I'm paying for goods or services" or "I'm sending money to family or friends".

4. Enter the relevant information and click "Continue".

5. Review details including the "Source of Funds". If the payment that you're sending exceeds the amount of funds in your PayPal account, you can click "More Funding Options" to change the source of funds for the payment.

6. Click "Send payment" to complete the payment. To change any information, click "Edit".

Please note: If you edit your payment details, the funding source will return to the default method of payment.

The recipient will receive an email announcing the payment. The email contains a link. After clicking on the link, the recipient can log into PayPal or sign up for a new account. If the recipient doesn't have an account, they will need to open one to receive the payment.

I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best on eBay in the future.

Kind regards,

I'm confused now again as I'm the seller.

The buyer hasn't contacted me since he lost the case other than via ebay messaging service to tell me that I was a horrid person and the whole experience was horrid (because he lost and clearly had no intention to send the item back!) and that they were now sending the item to the courier and included a receipt showing that something was sent.

I've not had any contact with them since. But the item was at least sent back.

I raised the question with ebay about how to refund once case is closed at the same time as I posted in here (but before I got a response from in here) and the above response is what I received a few hours ago.

I am the seller, so why would I want my own details?

And considering their earlier email, should I wait until the buyer prompts ebay or should I continue to assume ebay has taken care of it all seeing as this is what was said in the first email from them and them knowingly creating confusion and openly said they messed up and so apologised afterwards that they would take care - which is how I got the first email....

I am starting to think let sleeping dogs lie.... but I also want to do the right thing and hope they are not out of pocket.

Confused. :(

there would be no harm in your last few words.

gentlemanly thing to do?

maybe send an email offering such?

dx

and they