Currys Replacement Cooker Faulty After 9 months Use!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a SMEG cooker from Currys for £499.99 in August 2015.

After approximately 1 year's use, I had an issue.

When using the pyro cleaning function for the first time, the glass door exploded and went everywhere!!

It scared me to death!!

Anyway, Currys provided me with a replacement cooker, like for like on the 18/10/2016.

This evening, when attempting to the a meal as usual, the cooker had difficulty starting up!!

When you push the button for it to start it wouldn't!!

The replacement cooker is 9 months old.

Under the old Sale of Goods Act, would I be entitled to another replacement?

I have sent an email to Currys asking for someone to contact me about the isseu and for a sales rep to attend so that I can show them what the issue is with the new replacement!!

I'm quite upset to be honest, being SMEG its not a cheap cooker!!

Go back to currys and inform them. They are obliged to repair first, then if they cant, a replace or refund is up to them. They have to choose one.

be aware, that they will try and fob you off to the manufacturer. They are wholly wrong if they do. THEY are the retailer, so THEY are the ones that need to sort it.

Especially so since you had a replacement and that broke down as well.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Cra

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your replies.

I sent an email to Currys last night to report the matter with them directly.

I also remembered that I had a 5 year warranty with SMEG at the time the cooker was replaced.

I phoned SMEG this morning and they said it was completely free of charge to send one of their engineers out to see if it can be repaired etc etc.

So either way one of them will sort it out.

You should be going through the retailer as its their responsibility. ANy warranty is in ADDITION to your rights. It doesnt replace them. But if Smeg are willing to actually repair free as well, not just send a free engineer, then all is good.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You should be going through the retailer as its their responsibility. ANy warranty is in ADDITION to your rights. It doesnt replace them. But if Smeg are willing to actually repair free as well, not just send a free engineer, then all is good.

Will let you know if I hear back from Currys.

I'm waiting for an engineer to call to come at look at the cooker.

It could be the cooling fan has gone.