• Tweets

• And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
    • HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker.  Indeed, but if the Ombudsman is prepared to accept the complaint, it would be about the advice given by the broker and their paperwork, wouldn't it? You seem to be asserting that the problems you've had stem from their bad advice. HB
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Arrow put Monument debt back on Experian **WON+COMPO**

joan_of_arc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, long time no post. asfaiwa my finances were now in a good place. I got a massive shock when I did a credit check on Experian two days ago to discover that a debt originally defaulted by Monument back in 2006 was now showing as a default to Arrow Global.

This case was dealt with by the court around 2006 who agreed a payment of £1 a month to Arrow Global who had purchased the debt from Monument, and I set up a standing order for £1 a month.

I was also paying £10 a month to Arrow Global for an RBS debt.

In July 2015 the £10 a month payments stopped as the RBS debt was paid off.

I can find no records of any £1 standing order payments to Arrow Global for the Monument debt since 2010 (as far back as my bank records go.)

In November 2015 standing order payments for £1 a month started to Capquest, who had apparently bought the debt from Arrow. The first one was £5, (coincidentally 5 months after July 2015 ie 5 x £1 payments), going down to £1 a month after that.

Arrow say they never stopped receiving £1 a month payment from me and that I had been paying by order book. I have no recollection of this at all and have no order book with them, nor any memory of cancelling the standing order to Arrow for £1 a month set up years ago, and no memory of setting up a payment with Capquest for £1 month in November 2015.

Arrow then informed me that when they sold the debt to Capquest, I defaulted, and the default date on my credit report dates back to November 2015, long after the original default date with Monument.

I didn't understand what was going on (I still don’t) and asked if there was any way the default could be removed. Their representative told me it was against the law for them to remove defaulted entries from CRAs.

But the default shouldn't be on there in the first place, should it?

It is my understanding that defaults should date only to the date of the default with the original creditor. Is this correct?

Now, thinking that the Monument debt had been well and truly dealt with I (mistakenly, shoot me now :doh: ) chucked out all my correspondence with Monument a few months ago during a filing session. Ditto Arrow Global and Capquest. (yes I'm an idiot. :crazy:)

I then rang Capquest who confirmed they started receiving £1 a month from me in November 2015. So why the default? Because, they said, I'd defaulted when they bought the debt from Arrow.

Taking them at their word I asked for them to suggest a settlement figure and they took a list of all my incomings and outgoings and said they'd pass on my details back to Arrow for them to see if my settlement figure was acceptable. I suggested £500 on a £2,300 original debt.

But once I got off the phone my husband said to me that something was fishy about all this, and that's when after discussing it we realised that the default shouldn't even be showing on my credit file.

Both Arrow Global and Capquest were insistent that I'd defaulted when the debt was transferred from Arrow to Capquest.

So what do I do?

This has caused me untold stress and completely ruined my otherwise squeaky clean credit record.

Gutted. :help:

stop talking on the phone!!

you are being had blind

arrows are capquest, same group

get written proof of the defaulted date by the original creditor [which will now be Barclaycard?]

and demand arrows remove the default within 14 days else you'll raise a complaint with the ICo

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your considered reply dx100uk. Barclaycard do not own Monument as I understand it. Monument are now owned by Compucredit.

Is it likely that Compucredit have evidence of the original Monument default date? Does anyone have any experience of trying to get Monument default evidence from Compucredit?

send an sar

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

probably the latter then

and they

@dx100uk thank you for your help so far, I really appreciate it.

My husband just told me he kept all the folders for any unsettled debts. Just been up to the loft and I've got every communication from Monument right from when I first set up the account, and I have a copy of their default notice of 2005. :cheer2:

So do I now send a photocopy of the original default to Arrow, demanding that they remove the default notice on my credit report within 14 days or else I'll raise a complaint with the ICo? Is that correct?

yep.

dx

and they

no and please don't use FMOTL sites they are rubbish

and they

you don't need a flippin template 2 lines as i've already written

and they

no and please don't use FMOTL sites they are rubbish

Thanks for the info. I'd never come across that site before, nor the concept of FMOTL before you mentioned it, the template letter looked useful that's all. Apologies if links to that site are not permitted on here.

you don't need a flippin template 2 lines as i've already written

OK.

Do you have a link to a template ICO threat letter I could use in that case?

And how likely is it that Arrow will remove the default or am I going to have a 6 month back and forth letter fight on my hands?

Do you have a link to a template ICO threat letter I could use in that case?
Tried to remove that from above post as you've already answered me but editing time has expired.

no they have 14 days end of

else you'll raise a complaint with the information commission and also seek financial compensation

and they

no they have 14 days end of

else you'll raise a complaint with the information commission and also seek financial compensation

Thanks for all your help dx. I'll get that in the post today and let you all know the outcome in due course.

pointless really

it wil be removed by arrows

they legally have no choice

and they

Ensure its removed from equifax and call credit as well

Probably being reported to all three

Check noddle uk and clearscore

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

pointless really

it wil be removed by arrows

they legally have no choice

Is it not true, though, that their conduct is often not governed by its legality?

I wanted it removed asap as it was in dispute rather than even having to wait 14 days for Arrow. Is that a waste of time?

Ensure its removed from equifax and call credit as well

Probably being reported to all three

Check noddle uk and clearscore

Thanks theoldrouge. As soon as it's removed from Experian I'll check the others and noddle and clearscore. Great advice. You and dx are both being very helpful, I appreciate it, thank you both.

The Credit Agencies can insert a Notice of Correction pending any investigation in the meantime

https://help.creditexpert.co.uk/help/sv635/report_guide/notice_of_correction#

I trust you are keeping well Joan.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

In the meantime, I have communicated directly with Arrow's CEO including copies of the original defaul notice and he has has responded assuring me has passed my information on to the relevant department to deal with. I've also sent a hard copy in the post.

The Credit Agencies can insert a Notice of Correction pending any investigation in the meantime

I trust you are keeping well Joan.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andyorch! So long no speak! My husband and I were both reminiscing about you when I was on here the other evening, wondering how you are. What a crazy adventure we had a few years ago and how unbelievably helpful you were! :)

It is fantastic to finally be free of being chased by DCAs, the relief is immeasurable. Without people like you we couldn't have done it and I will never, ever forget the time you devoted to me, patience you showed me and help you gave us both. :grouphug:

Kind words indeed Joan...as you can see Im still here battling away and advising on this murky infested industry...It was a pleasure to advise you and always looked forward to your charming and positive responses.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

btw thanks for this link Andy, done.

Kind words indeed Joan...as you can see Im still here battling away and advising on this murky infested industry...It was a pleasure to advise you and always looked forward to your charming and positive responses.

Aw :) I wonder how many lives you and the rest of the Debt Trauma Surgery team have saved over the years? Countless I'm sure!

One question I want to ask without going too much OT, is what is the likelihood of fines being introduced for CCAs who illegally put defaults on CRA reports? I was wondering how many lives these companies ruin, seemingly without a trace of conscience? Marriages ruined, houses not purchased, jobs lost, relocations prevented. The damage is unquantifiable and they seemingly go completely unpunished!