Santander not updating records - computers not talking to each other

Guest Mrs Hobbit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Back in 2008 husband died.

Mortgage in both names.

Santander was sent a copy of death Certificate so Mortgage details could be updated.

I thought nothing more of it

In 2010 I remarried,

went into Peterborough branch with a copy of marriage certificate showing new name and asked if this could be recorded on my Mortgage account.

Spoke to Manager about the possibility of the mortgage being portable should I sell.

Mortgage statements arriving still in former name, only addressed to me, so it is obvious Mortgage has never been updated.

During this time i was arguing with Santander over PPI regarding a loan account taken out back in early 2000's.

I never told Santander my new married name,

suddenly paperwork arrives in new name regarding this loan account.

yes I did get mis-sold PPI repaid.

Yesterday i was thinking about getting my paperwork in order a new will to be written,

I would need the Land registry Title and Mortgage details.

i downloaded a copy of the title of property and there it is still showing with both late husband's name and my former married name on the title. lender is showing as Santander.

Originally the mortgage was with Abbey,

at some stage Santander updated the lender details but nothing else.

the details were lodged at the Peterborough office of Land registry.

my questions are

who should have notified LR of the name change?

Why is Mortgage still in Late husband's name and my former married name?

Santander are quite aware which account is being used to pay the mortgage repayments and whose name is on the account, yet they have never queried this.

I also keep copies of everything I sent to Santander and got a receipt for the documents i gave Santander to change the mortgage details.

I am being proactive and going to make an appointment with the Peterborough office of the LR and take the completed ID1 form and and AP1 Forms with me, with the required proof of identity.

of course if I die and my current Will stands, Mr Hobbit is going to have fun and games, so i need to get this sorted sooner rather than later and I don't want to involve a solicitor for all the preliminary work regarding sorting the title of the property before anything else.

i know there will be people who will say i should have sorted this before now, but there have been far more pressing matters to sort out before this,

now this is the last thing on the list and am wondering about a letter of complaint to Santander about this, or go and see the branch manager in person to get it sorted?

I have another 12 years to pay on my mortgage, so I had better live to 85, if Santander can't get their records straight.

i'd do it in branch

they should be able to update LR too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Thank you dx..I will try to do it in branch next week when I am in town. Just annoying I am going to pay for some copies of the relevant certificates to make sure they have everything in their hot little hands.