Have just CCA'd - what next?

KX3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with debt since I was 18, I am now 36!

This all started when I wanted my first debit card from Barclays. They said no, but instead offered me a credit card to 'build up my score' so they could then give me a debit card. Absolutely true! :!:

Long story short, I took the credit card and things quickly got out of hand.

A few years later I was offered both a debit card and an £11000 loan to 'consolidate' the debts I had accumulated by Lloyds...

A few cards, loans and 15 years later I still have around £8000 outstanding. I have not taken out any new credit for a long time, these are all old debts. I have been trying really hard to pay it all off with Payplan for at least 8 years now, and have paid off around £10000, but I am still a long way from the finish line.

I recently took a settlement from Clarity of £500 on a £2000 debt which I was very happy with, though still have £600 in overdraft debt, £2000 on a CitiCard and £5000 on a Lloyds loan outstanding. All of them have been sold on to other companies and were defaulted a long time ago.

The £600 and £2000 are both owned by Cabot, and the £5000 by PRA Group. I believe that both of the larger outstanding sums predate 2007 by some margin.

Over the past few years I have offered on multiple occasions all of these companies settlements, ever increasing, with the most recent being £2600 to PRA and similar percentages to the others. ALL of these companies have declined EVERY offer I've ever made, and I don't understand why.

I'm trying my best, they've already had thousands out of me, and nothing I can offer is ever good enough. I read about discounted settlements other people are getting all the time, but no-one will offer me one. They've never sent me any letters offering a discount. It's like they want to draw this out forever and I'm at the end of my tether with it all!

today I sent a CCA request to both Cabot and PRA on the £2000 and £5000 accounts, since I believe they were both taken out some time before 2007.

The £600 account was an overdraft, and may have been within the last 10 years.

As it's not too big,

I'm hoping I can get somewhere with the bigger balances then settle the overdraft at whatever they're asking for.

I'm posting now as there are so many threads with different things happening after the CCA response is received. I really have no idea what to do next, so when (if) I get a response I would like to post back here with copies of the letters and hopefully someone can help me?

Of course I'm hoping that these CCA'd debts are unenforceable, and if that turns out to be the case I do still want to pay the accounts off by way of settlement and will need some help to do that too.

I want to do that for my own peace of mind, and I know some people just ignore them once they know

they're unenforceable, but personally I would like to clear them off even if it's for just 10% of the remaining balance. I want them gone.

Any advice in the meantime whilst I'm waiting for replies would be most welcome.

On a separate note I registered for both of the CRA's I saw mentioned here, Noddle and ClearScore, but neither of them were able to provide me a report.

Both said insufficient data or words to that effect.

I am registered on the Electoral Roll,

have a mobile phone on contract,

and pay most of my bills by DD.

Any guesses?

Thanks all, KX3

If you sent CCA's you wait. Cabot only deal with unenforceable debts, so even if they return a compliant CCA ( very unlikely) then you SAR the oc, as theres definitley something wrong with the debt.

Same goes for the other DCA's. Its unlikely theyll ever get a compliant CCA, especially as pre 2007, theyre going to need the originals if they want to enforce it.

Right now, all you can do is sit on your hands and wait. Or you can get SAR's going and get reclaiming any charges and PPI that were on the accounts.

Dont even think about any settlement. If anything, the bank will owe you now. The DCA's can take a running jump.

Dont focus on what if's, even if its tempting. You focus on facts. No CCA... no pay.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if you've been paying these for so long via PP

i'd seriously consider dumping them

and deal with the letters as and when you get them.

you've been cash cowed long enough

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Overdrafts are notoriously littered with reclaimable fees and charges.

Anything that has been flogged on to DCA's has been flogged on for a reason, all those DCA's who're doing the dirty work for their 'clients' can be ignored, and deal direct with the OC.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Over the past few years I have offered on multiple occasions all of these companies settlements, ever increasing, with the most recent being £2600 to PRA and similar percentages to the others. ALL of these companies have declined EVERY offer I've ever made, and I don't understand why.

Greed. Pure and Simple. They acquired the debts for pennies in the pound and make a huge profit when people keep paying them!

CCA them and stop paying - they will be offering discounts soon enough. Until they realise that no paperwork = no payment at all

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Many thanks to you all for your support.

You have given me some confidence that they might not be able to produce the agreements.

I will be back to post up the replies, whatever they say, and we can go from there.

KX3