Transportation Claims Ltd (First Bus)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Has anyone had any success with Transportation Claims Ltd?

On 6th June I was clipped on my right arm by a First Bus whilst walking on the pavement.

Driver did not stop but it was a loud bang and pedestrians behind me came and checked I was OK.

To be honest I was more angry than hurt at the time as I had my wife and kids with me and had literally seconds before made my daughter move away from the kerb.

I phoned First bus customer servicesicon within 15 minutes of the incident to report it and although I was still extremely angry I accepted they would look into it and get back to me.

I gave them route number, exact location and time as it was an hourly service it would have been a simple process to determine the driver and bus concerned.

I received an email cofirming my complaint within minutes.

After hearing nothing for a week I called back and they said they could not discuss with me as was a matter of data protection for the driver, but I would hear from them shortly.

2 further days later I get a fairly bland letter stating my complaint had been passed to Transportation Claims Ltd and that no further contact with First would be acceptable on the matter and they would be in touch.

4th July, I called Transportation Claims Ltd quoting the claim ref from the bland letter.

The person I spoke to looked up the claim ref and said the matter was being investigated and they must be having trouble finding the exact bus or driver.

He then said he would send me the relevant claim forms to fill in and by the time I fill them in and return them the investigators should have finished the investigation.

I wasn't badly injured, just some bruising and a sore shoulder and elbow so wondering if this is really worth pursuing?

Thanks in advance fro any advice.

Hi All,

I phoned First bus customer services within 15 minutes of the incident to report it and although I was still extremely angry I accepted they would look into it and get back to me.

I gave them route number, exact location and time as it was an hourly service it would have been a simple process to determine the driver and bus concerned.

After hearing nothing for a week I called back and they said they could not discuss with me as was a matter of data protection for the driver, but I would hear from them shortly.

2 further days later I get a fairly bland letter stating my complaint had been passed to Transportation Claims Ltd and that no further contact with First would be acceptable on the matter and they would be in touch.

What do you want to achieve?.

If you feel First Bus aren't taking things seriously, and your concern is for them to do so (rather than for compensation) : make a complaint to the police of their vehicle being involved in an accident causing injury, where the driver failed to stop.

Note to the police that you aren't interested in compensation, but that you feel they aren't taking the matter seriously.....