loss adjuster nightmare - would appreciate some advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

approx.: 10 months ago we had a leak in bathroom.

called Royal sun alliance Insurance to make a claim.

claim exceeded a fixed amount of money

Royal sun alliance handed over to Cunningham Lindsey as their loss adjusters.

10 months have passed and still no works completed.

I have attached a letter that I intend to send this week to loss adjusters.

we want to know if we are entitled to compensation due to all the stress & inconvenience we have had to endure, such as doctors & hospital appointments.

Cunningham Lindsey letter of complaint - Copy.pdf

you left you per details and account numbers showing too

it might well be an idea to PM me an alternate username too

its better to be anon on open forums.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm sorry to say that the letter is too long, too emotional, too cluttered. It also needs to be better spaced so that it is clear to read and clear to follow what you are saying.

Also I don't understand why various places there is 1no, 2no, et cetera unless this is some document formatting code which has appeared in the script.

My feeling is that the insurers – who probably just find the whole thing a nuisance anyway – will have their eyes glaze over and they will not pay a lot of attention.

You need a letter which is short, punchy, relevant, chronological – set out preferably in bullet pointed fashion.

In respect of the medical matters, you say this has been going on 10 months. Have you bought any of the medical problems to the attention of the insurers before? If this is the first time that you bring this to their attention and it will be difficult to say that they were aware of it and therefore they should have taken appropriate action earlier.

You also have to have in mind what you are planning to do if they do ignore you.

These organisations make money out of lost denial – they have bucket loads of letters of dissatisfied customers who are complaining. They are used to customers who frankly don't know how to make a complaint effectively – and I'm afraid that your letter comes over as if you're precisely 1 of those people.

You need to have a very firm idea of what you're going to do before you start writing letters around.

Suggest you send any complaint letter to the Insurers head office addressed to their CEO. As advised the complaint letter needs to be short and to the point explaining why you are unhappy i.e what has gone wrong with the claim and consequences. If you then want to give more details, that should be on seperate sheets sent with the complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread