• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

IDEM Claim Form - My MBNA Credit Card Debt

blondiegirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Impossible for me to read

You need to wait for all the replies

let's get the full picture

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Their copy is of very poor quality; I can just about read it, but can't make a better copy.

Yes I am waiting for their response to the SARs and they haven't responded to the CCA for my 2 MBNA/Idem accounts yet only my husband's.

- BlondieGirl

So, I received a 'signed for' letter from Idem yesterday. For both of my accounts they have sent the same letter stating:

Thank you for your request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, received on the 10th October.

Unfortunately, we are unable to supply a copy of the Credit Agreement at present and acknowledge that until we do so the agreement cannot be enforced. We have contacted the original lender for a copy and if available it will be sent to you under separate cover in compliance with your request.

The balance of the account is still outstanding and we will continue to pursue this debt which will include registering any arrears and defaults with the credit reference agencies. We can confirm the balance on your account if £1,034.87 remains due and payable and we will continue to contact your to discuss repayment proposals.

In the meantime we attache a statement of account detailing the transaction history which will also display any fees and charges that may have been added.

You are free to take whatever action you consider appropriate but we will not be releasing you from any obligation under the agreement"

So do I just sit back and wait for the SARs to arrive, or raise a complaint with the FOS stating that there's no agreement and that they shouldn't be reporting it? Or offer a full and final offer of a small sum as long as they agree to remove it (we're desperate to fix our credit file and Idem is the only one on there now)?

My husband only received the application from back from Idem (as previous posts) so should we write back requesting the signed agreement and not actually the application form?

- BlondieGirl

Don't go making any complaints or full and final offer until you have gathered all the information

Especially the SAR narrative

Letter above exactly as expected

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thanks for that.

Is it worth contacting Idem again, thanking them for the application form, but state that it's the agreement we're after?

Also, I have looked through old letters.

I have SARs from MBNA which came a few years ago which I don't know if Idem will get hold of as well.

But for one of mine, there appears to be a credit agreement which I have signed in 2005,

and for the other account just an application form from 1987.

For my husband's, there's the signed application form which was posted above (almost can't read it).

As well as those, there are copies of letters which I have sent, or they've sent back and pages of coded print outs.

Is there anything I am looking for from these accounts with MBNA where the debts originated, or do I need to wait for whatever Idem send me following the SAR to them?

Thanks very much :-)

- BlondieGirl

well you need to put everything together when idem comply.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I received a letter from Idem yesterday.

They thanked me for my recent letter, and as per my request were detailing the balance and all payments made (I've actually only sent CCA and SAR).

Then there was a page or 2 of the initial balance and the payments I have made (no mention of arrears which is odd).

I didn't actually request this, I sent an SAR.

Is this normal does anyone know?

Is this their typical response or are they ignoring me and sending me what they think I need (but don't)?

- BlondieGirl

They know exactly what to send but hope you don't

too many revelations in the SAR narrative

I take it you have ceased payments

Await full response

Thank you.

They received the SAR letter on the 10th Oct so with 40 working days, I guess I'll have to wait until the end of November to see if they send anything through.

They are still getting payments at the moment through Stepchange because I haven't had time yet to cancel that yet (these aren't the only debts I am paying off and I am tackling these 3 first).

I was going to write back in response to the application form copy they sent my husband and request again for the copy of an agreement and not just an application form. I was then going to write back about mine because sending me through a copy of every payment I've made isn't helpful and wasn't requested despite what they say.

- BlondieGirl

I wouldn't write anything

about time you stopped stepchange too just cancel the DD simple

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Totally agree with dx

Don't write any letters

They at present have no enforceable agreements and no ,as I understand, were any default notices ever issued

I am at a loss to understand therefore your reluctance to cease all payments

If you are hoping by continuing payments they will look favourably on any full and final,it will have the opposite effect

They will push for every penny

You seriously need to take control as advised many times

Exactly, the strategy

If you had followed the posts of September 14 and 15

you would be 3 months down the road to achieving your aims

Get on with it!!!

Only just seen these replies.

I was advised on here to CCA and wait for a reply on the SARs. This I have done.

I have read Piglet101's thread and that's great that an account's record is being removed - this is on an account with £0 balance so not sure how this relates. There was no money owing so nothing to lose.

I have received the SAR replies today. They have sent the following:

Copies of the original signed application forms entitled

'Credit Agreement as Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' dated 1997 and 2005.

I have mentioned this before and it was pointed out that these are simply application forms, and not agreements.

There are T&C's attached.

Sorry, but I am confused as to why these aren't enforceable agreements.

There are 1 per each Idem/MBNA account

ie, 3.

How are these not agreements?

I have scanned one previously and the copy is so bad nobody can read it.

They have sent copies of all correspondence and some screen downloads of their records of conversations with me. Pretty brief.

I understand that everyone is telling me to stop paying.

In order to do this, I will have to tackle 10 accounts.

If I stop paying Stepchange, 10 companies will then start to write and demand money.

I will have to arrange to make separate payments to each one to avoid this (for my own peace of mind) while I tackle them 1 by 1.

Right now I just want to sort Idem out, then the rest who aren't showing on my credit file so they can wait a little bit longer.

I now appear to have the credit agreements.

Am reading through Piglet101's thread - didn't see all the pages.

- BlondieGirl

I don't think my situation is the same as Piglet101.

I complained to the FOS because MBNA hadn't DFd me and were reporting me as AP/AR.

The FOS said that in the lifetime of a credit account, the agreement can be re-structured once.

This was done with MBNA.

The account restructured and a new agreement in place to be paid off over 10 years, no interest etc.

The FOS said that MBNA had to therefore mark the account as up to date which they did.

Great - we were ecstatic!!

However, the FOS' wording was confusing in their final report which said in one paragraph that MBNA had to

"let the company they sold the debts to know that the restructured agreements should be recorded on Ms x's file from September 2012 onwards'

- I was thrilled to read this!

in another paragraph that they had to do this until 2012 which is when I had to reduce my payments and they put me into years of arrears.

This is what Idem did and are doing since 2012.

I argued under a new FOS complaint that at the time,

they couldn't report AP/AR markers,

the FOS (under a new complaint) said that they can because this is actually what is happening.

However,

sense would dictate that the relationship had broken down, agreement broken etc,

Idem can't DF, only MBNA who actually reported everything as up to date and the account isn't showing now.

thanks to some stupid mis-wording by the FOS,

it's put me in this predicament and even MBNA were sympathetic.

Had one paragraph been followed,

they'd be reporting the accounts as up to date.

And I could start to tackle the accounts and whether they're enforceable etc etc but right now this will effect a mortgage application which is my priority.

- BlondieGirl

Almost exactly the same as Piglet101 thread

From that thread

Well well well, after 15 months of long hard slog !! I will of course ...believe this when I see it - but it appears to be a grand step further towards a very much anticipated grand finale! and NOT ONE MENTION of the £4K that WAS still owed!

In order to sort this mess you are going to have to cease payments and quickly if you want that mortgage

Thank you, but they have now sent the agreements. And if I cease payments, they will start to chase me. And threaten court action and produce said agreements. I have asked before, what am I trying to achieve by ceasing payments? They will start to write and demand money.

I was advised in this thread to do nothing and to wait for the SARs which I have. So what do I do with them?

Oh, and, I will re-read that thread ta. It's not always easy to concentrate with everything that I have going on at home (but only I know that obviously) but I do appreciate everyone's input.

- BlondieGirl

doesn't matter what they hold

whilst you keep paying its never gonna go from your credit file.

and they are gonna keep cash cowing you as they have you over a barrel.

even if they go win in court and get a CCJ atleast that will be gone in 6yrs unlike now..

and they

If it doesn't matter what they hold, why the advice to get an SAR sent and see what "turns up"??

I will stop payments but it appears that they have sent 3 copies of signed agreements. And I know that Piglet101 was successful (great!) but they will quite rightly keep reporting me as being in arrears, which is true, so I can't see the same outcome. We will see.

- BlondieGirl

No you are completely misunderstanding

They are reporting as arrangement to pay

On ceasing payments and terminating any

supposed arrangement

they will need to default and report as such

odds on they won't do this correctly

which will open the

complaint floodgates

Together with past mistakes that will be ascertained from the SAR

but let them

it solves the problem

and gets the clock running.

then you could always resume payment.

dx

and they