style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have spent hours browsing through the RLP threads and they are very helpful. Thank you!

Short version...

I am in my 20's and recently (incredibly stupidly) took something worth under £15 from tk maxx and was stopped.

Security guard was very fair.

I told him of mental health problems and he dealt with it in store.

No police.

Usual ban and rlp print off.

I am currently waiting for letter.

I fully understand the position the forum has in dealing with RLP and plan to follow by the letter.

My question is if the company start ringing the house am I able to ask them (via letter) to remove the number from my account?

I recently moved back with parents due to my health and don't want them to know.

I know from experience with DCA's you can threaten financial ombudsman but what about these guys?

Any help would be great and thanks in advance!

Trust me I will never do this ever again,

I'm completely ashamed.

Hello Welcome,

AFAIK, RLP haven't learned how to use the phone yet, all they do is send out childish threat letters which you ignore.

Never heard of them calling people? Besides you wouldn't ''ask'' them to kindly stop calling, you inform them if they continue to do so, you will report them to the police for harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hmm I'm not sure if that would be a breach of the DPA?

Did you give the security your contact number?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They wont ring you at all. They know better than to do that.

They will send a few letters out with a bunch of drivel hoping youll pay up. Nothing in the letters has any bearing on reality and you can safely ignore them.

They cant do anything. Even genuine shoplifters know this and just laugh at them and carry on. Thats how pathetic and powerless RLP are.

As for other forums and calls, you need to understand. People lie and will scare others. RLP have been known in the past to create various accounts on websites to pretend they are shoplifters who think RLP can do stuff, hoping people in similar situations believe them and pay up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I just gave, name, address and DOB. Found the thread again, it was actually from CAGon 29th Nov 2015 titled RLP a year later. Can't post link yet!

Thanks renegade that makes me feel a bit better

I just gave, name, address and DOB. Found the thread again, it was actually from CAGon 29th Nov 2015 titled RLP a year later. Can't post link yet!

If it was on here, you can post it. It will just add a space in it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi and welcome from me.

Whilst this may be not what you want to hear, i would tell your parents (on the assumption that you don't have a broken home) as RLP use a franking machine that states "Retail Loss Prevention" on the front of the letter. It may be fine for some time but there may come a day when you are questioned about the letters. This is not designed to scare you but to inform you of what may happen.

You did not give them your home phone number nor a mobile number. I suspect the chap on the other thread did so hence the calls. IF you did ring them (DON'T) you should withhold your number.

TKMaxx don't do court. The store security staff are paid irrespective of whether they catch anyone or not. They got the stuff back so no loss to anyone.

RLP can't do court. They can only recommend to TKMaxx to do so therefore any letter is as toothless as me :!:

In the other thread linked here there is yet another link to a Gov. publication. I believe the guidance has now been combined with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 so should you feel harassed my the letters and if they happen to get your phone number and bombard you with calls, you have rights to redress from them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

That's very helpful advice. I have told my sister (who doesn't live at home) but not parents as a lot is going on right now. I think I can get the first letter without them seeing and then tell my dad before the second comes. I am extremely anxious about it and telling him would be better in the long run.

I worked myself up over the phone calls after I looked up my last name and postcode on one of the phonebook sites (number was found). Again if I told my parents this would be less of a concern.

Thank you for giving me your point of view it's cleared things up a lot!

I'll keep you updated if anything major happens.

They wont call you. Try not to worry. They would be in serious breach of the DPA if they did. If they are stupid enough to call, try and record it or log the call, and file a formal complaint

They wont call you. Try not to worry. They would be in serious breach of the DPA if they did. If they are stupid enough to call, try and record it or log the call, and file a formal complaint

Not often I disagree with you but, in my opinion they could ring so long as they do not disclose anything to any third party. If one of the OPs parents took the call and RLP disclosed what the call was about, yes, that is a DPA breach.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Fair point. However, surely theyd be in breach of some rule if they werent given the phone number but instead took to social media etc to find it.