Vanquis to Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last October my partner had heart surgery,

as a result, income into the house was significantly reduced.

I contacted Vanquis immediately to explain,

and that I had the basic payment protection option and would like to activate a 6 month break.

I was told that this was not going to happen as it wasn't me having the surgery and that it didn't effect me. How when the partners wage is the only income - no tax credits, nothing else.

as a result I ended up behind with payments.

Been trying to sort freezing interest etc out, but keep hitting a brick wall.

Now they've sent it to Moorcroft, with loads of interest and fees on too.

Since Moorcroft contacted me, Ive also had more statements off Vanquis too, so both are chasing, and Vanquis still adding more.

Moorcroft have said they'll freeze my account for 30 days until I can get any information I need.

can anyone give me advice please on steps.

Do I go back straight to Vanquis,

can I reclaim any charges or interest?

I did ask them to cancel the repayment option when they told me it was useless in October, but they've left it running, costing an extra £50 a month.

Thankyou in advance.

First things first, is to IGNORE moorcr@p, deal ONLY with Vanquis.

Reclaim ALL of that payment protection, with interest, send them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty ensure you obtain ''Proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

Don NOT talk to them over the phone regarding this, keep everything in writing ONLY. And ALWAYS obtain 'proof of posting' as a minimum.

Any fees and charges? Reclaim all of those too, using the hardship rule.

If you haven't got all of the statements, then send them a SAR.

Inform Vanquis, that you will ONLY talk to them, and will not entertain their powerless DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I don't have all the statements no, so I will send them the SAR & £10 today (postal order??). I'm guessing this will be all my statements? I will keep this post updated as and when I receive replies.

Thankyou.

Yes, SAR, and enclose a 'BLANK' £10 postal order, 40 calender days in which to supply you with ALL statements and letters.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!