Help, CRS/Harlands debt **WRITTEN OFF**

Bean471
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wondering if anyone could help me with a recent letter I received from CRS regarding Xercise 4 less.

Since cancelling my gym membership via my bank and calling the gym to cancel this is the first letter I've received.

My account balance is currently £207.47 with an added fee of £36 for tracing me

- bearing in mind I've lived at the same address for 6 years.

I rung them straight away to say I wouldn't be paying it as it's a ridiculous amount and that I thought my membership had been cancelled.

I asked if I could appeal so they gave me an email address to write to,

a number of emails have been sent back and forth.

One stating the gym had an incorrect address and all previous letters had been sent there.

from them trying to 'find' me my bill is now £207.47.

I've stated I won't pay this but would pay a month and a late fee as if I'd received the first letter this is what they would be asking for, at the end of each and every email they say they could negotiate with the fee.

Having gone back and forth with the company and going around in circles

I've rung again today and a lady was on the phone I told her what I'd be willing to pay she told me I could reduce the bill by £40 if I paid today,

I point blank refuse to pay for a bill that had it gone to my address in the first place wouldn't be so big.

I'm due to have a baby in 3 weeks time and I'm really stressed about the situation,

I cancelled outside of the contract and I just don't know what else to do!

Sorry for the long post but if anyone could help or advise me I'd greatly appreciate it thank you.

Just to add I cancelled in Feb and received this letter 19 June

Edited by dx100uk

you should never ring them

and never be afraid of a DCA

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and never can be on ANY debt.

what you simply do is write a LETTER

tell them that you are willing to pay ONE MONTH membership following your cancellation notification to them but not any unlawful penalty fess.

if they don't accept, you IGNORE THEM ALL.

there is nothing they can do to you

it cant harm your credit file

and

they don't do court.

read threads here too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the fast response, when on the phone earlier I asked her to send me a breakdown as to what I was been charged for. Do you think I should wait for this letter and then response with a letter stating I'll only pay for the one month?

no send it now

matters not what they send now

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i think theres a sticky on this forums homepage

or theres 100's here from slick132 already read other threads.

dx

and they

Hi Bean and welcome to CAG

There's no rush to respond to Harlands/CRS - they'll have to wait !!

1. When did you join.

2. Was it an 11 or 12 month minimum m/ship term.

3. Did you give the give notice about cancelling by letter, email , phone or email and, if so, when.

4. What was the last date Harlands took a DD payment.

5. When did you cancel the DD mandate via your bank.

6. If you were withing the minimum m/ship period, did you have a valid reason to cancel like relocation of home or job; illness or injury; redundancy or drop in wages; etc.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hey slick, I joined January 2016

My email say 11 months

No notice given, as stupid as it seems I didn't realise any was needed

Not sure, I'm going to go bank and ask for a statement

Pretty sure it was February 2017

Was out of the m/ship period.

Hi Bean,

First and foremost, Harlands/CRS are nothing at all to worry about. They are an nuisance but nothing more. Focus on your baby and forget these fools for now.

Give an answer to Q4 when you can.

After that, you can probably use one of my letters to offer Harlands a final 1 month's fee, which they'll refuse 'cos they're too greedy. But after your offer expires, you can ignore them !!

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I've not been able to get to the bank yet but received a breakdown of my bill

£29.97 - 3 months membership fees @ £9.99

£75.00 - 3 months missed payment charges @ £25.00

£66.50 - CRS recovery charge

£36.00 - Trace fee

Just thought I'd let you know what I'm been billed for ;)

Hi Bean,

Out of interest, have you moved address since you left the gym prompting the CRS "Trace Fee" ?

Don't even bother going to the bank to get the answer to Q4. Just send the following letter to Harlands at their Haywards Heath address :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to demands recently received from Harlands/CRS about my Xercise4Less gym membership.

I was beyond my minimum membership period so was entitled to end it.

Because I failed to give you a month's notice, I now offer to pay this now. If you agree in writing within 14 days to accept £9.99 in full settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly.

If fail to accept my offer or demand any higher amount, I will pay you nothing and ignore all demands from Harlands/CRS, Zinc or anyone else.

As I am about to have a baby, any further demands will be reported to Trading Standards and The CMA, as harassment.

Yours faithfully,

Send this to Harlands and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when it's sent.

In your circumstances, you could also send the following letter to X4Less Head Office ;-

Xercise4less (Leeds) Ltd

Unit 1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Leeds

West Yorkshire

LS4 2AZ

Dear sir or madam,

Membership at XXXXXXX gym

I was a member at the above gym From Jan 2016 to Feb 2017.

I failed to give the required 1 month's notice when I cancelled my DD mandate and, since then Harlands/CRS have been demanding ever-increasing amounts from me.

I have now offered to pay Harlands the final £9.99 that was due but I will not pay what Harlands/CRS are now demanding, namely :-

£29.97 - 3 months membership fees @ £9.99

£75.00 - 3 months missed payment charges @ £25.00

£66.50 - CRS recovery charge

£36.00 - Trace fee

I am amazed you continue to use Harlands/CRS. Their tactics of bullying, persistent demands and harassment and well-documented on the internet.

I enclose a copy of my offer letter sent to Harlands today.

I am due to give birth in about 2 weeks and I do not need harassment from Harlands/CRS. Accordingly, will you kindly use your influence to get Harlands to not contact me any more at all, except for telling how I can pay the £9.99 I owe them.

I will NOT deal with this matter by phone at all, but in writing only.

Yours faithfully,

Same again about getting a free Cert of Posting at the PO.

No I haven't moved at all, when I questioned the charge they said my address had been put down incorrectly (a few doors down) I asked how this situation was my fault when they'd input my data incorrectly and been sending letters to the other address... they still want me to pay this amount! I'll send the letters ASAP, thanks

Hi Bean,

They are trying to justify something that is NOT justifiable !! They're such total chancers, really.

Send the letters and let us know what happens.

Oh, and stay OFF the phone. If anyone calls you, just hang up.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

I sent my letters off 6/7/17, sent them signed and 1st class so both received them the 7th.

Hadn't heard anything of either until today where I've received a letter off CRS stating my balance has already been written off at the request of their client!

So I owe nothing, just thought I'd update you and say thanks 😊

hey well done everyone!

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

and they

Hi Bean and thanks for the update.

It's nice to see X4Less actually take notice sometimes when told their agent (Harlands) is a nasty bully.

Hope all goes well with you.