• Tweets

• In that case I don't think you'd have any grounds for a claim against the receiver, short of anything actually criminal. The receiver was appointed by the lender so any claim you make should be aginst them. How much equity do you reckon there was when they took possession? Realistic value less outstanding balance (including arrears).  This messing around makes me wonder even more if the property was wildly over valued. Normally a lender would sell and not really care if they got the best price so long as they covered the balance plus their costs. 
    • Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Currently on a DMP with opportunity to clear debts – Help Needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I am after some advice.

I am currently on a DMP through Step Change and I have been paying £422 a month for about 3 months now.

I am due to inherit some money so I want advice on paying the debts or ‘settling them’ as I have seen in previous posts. Full and final is what I have seen crop up a lot.

The balances are as follows;

£27,814.00 – Sainsburys Loan showing as ‘1 month late’ on my credit report

£2,265.00 – Halifax Overdraft

£2,028.13 – Halifax Credit Card

£3,826.00 – MBNA Credit Card showing as ‘1 month late’ on my credit report

I have seen posts about offering 20% to each firm, can someone point me in the right direction for templates ect. or advise what I they recommend I should do.

If I can get them all settled and get myself off the DMP how long will my credit file be effected for?

Thanks, Sam

are they still owned by the original creditors

or are they sold to DCA's.

and are any of the debts defeulted

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well I don't think the late payment will hurt you much

if theres no PPI or anything like £12 penalty fees to reclaim

there are letters in the debt collection library section.

original creditors don't usually give much of a discount for F&F's.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are all aware that you're in a DMP, and have stopped all interest?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When did you take the credit cards out?

The Halifax overdraft, how much of it is fees/penalties?

Have you reclaimed these?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK,

Well IMO negotiating a F&F figure is going to be difficult, your CRF will be marked for the next six years anyway, and unless they are going to mark your files as settled offering a F&F then I'd be mindful of putting the money to a better use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387498-Mortgage-shortfalls-Full-and-final-settlement-letter-**Correct-as-at-October-2013*

you want the debts marked as settle NOT partial settlement

or the account removed completely.

PS is as good as a default.

and they

I referred samdon1988 to this forum as it helped me out no end in the past when I had similar debt amounts and sorted them all out.

So from chatting I mentioned to Sam that the debt management plan will go on forever and a day and lenders could add defaults in the meantime anyway and that may be in 2 yrs time. So either way he is going to have a bad credit file for a while.

Why not just use the inheritance to clear the file and pay off as much as possible so he can start a fresh. The inheritance will clear 20% of debt in total so my suggestion was to offer full and final, yes be mindful that it will not be great on credit file but its the debts gone.

Is this a suitable plan? When you say mindful of putting money to better use, what other options do we think he has?

I can see the Sainsburys loan is the big issue here, any experience with them accepting a full and final at all?

Thanks

when they are with the oc's you get very little leeway on F&F

but always worth a try

and they

OK, all mine were with the original lender and I got between 15 and 20% F+F. This was back in 2010, have things changed alot since?

I am not a fan of the debt mgmt, as far as I can see they can go on forever and once at the end of them then there is still another 6 yrs after that to sort out a credit file. Also with risk of default etc and debts being sold on in the meant time.

What other options are on offer here to clear things? Does he have to wait for debts to be sold on for it to be a better F&F.

15-20% is better that awaiting DCA's to buy them

and by then typically they are defaulted.

did your get marked settled

or partial settled?

and they

I am not a fan of the debt mgmt, as far as I can see they can go on forever and once at the end of them then there is still another 6 yrs after that to sort out a credit file..

The file should be defaulted already, they can't enter into a DMP, then at the end of it simply 'default' the credit file.

If flogged onto a DCA then the offer of a F&F payment is advantageous to them, as they will have paid as little as six pence in the pound for them.

When it is with the OC, you're more likely to be able to agree a token payment with them until things either improve, or they get bored and flog it on as a toxic debt.

All debt mgmt does is reset the limitation period with each payment.

I asked for my own to be full and final and settled. Now all dropped of credit file. Barclays wouldnt play ball so that defaulted, now gone from file but I pay them £1 a month and have done for 8 yrs, I just get statements every 12 mths with another £12 off the balance. Not been sold on, perhaps it will in the future.

When you say reset the limitation period, what does that mean specifically?

can never become statute barred

and they

So if thats the case then is it better to go into default hide away for a few years then offer some money to clear it later down the line, or perhaps just take the hit and move on....

Thats why I dont love the debt management scheme, bad credit anyway and paying them all off.

I must add at this point though, not paying debts is not a good thing but if its too much to handle then a happy medium should be found, i.e. full and final settlement, at least both lender and borrower have agreed.