JP Morgan/Rooftop Arrears fees- The saga continues.

jotty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes court its detailed earlier here by BF I think

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes DX thanks, I have read many of the threads on this but can’t find any that reach an actual conclusion good or bad so am a little concerned I may be taking on something that I am not going to win or that may end up with a big costs bill if it goes wrong. Court itself isn’t an issue for me having been through the original bank charges successes but this seems to be something not many have succeeded with.

• 1 month later...

Sent a SAR to Rooftop mortgages before Christmas but was returned saying they wanted a fee of £2.20, so sent a 2nd request and th fee last week but they have refused again citing that “they are unable to verify identity”.

we have lived at the same address for 20yrs, they send me a lovely veiled threat letter every month about my account as well as statements and even sent round one of those “debt counsellor” types whilst we were on holiday last October so I fail to see how they can’t verify who we are from the signed SAR.

Thoroughly fed up and hacked off with this bunch of crooks now so can some kind person please advise what to do next?

Please will you post up a copy of your SAR request in PDF format and also a copy of their response in PDF format.

Thoroughly fed up and hacked off with this bunch of crooks now so can some kind person please advise what to do next?

Obviously not fed up or hacked off enough or else you would engage with this thread and respond to the questions which have been asked.

Obviously not fed up or hacked off enough or else you would engage with this thread and respond to the questions which have been asked.

Whilst I will of course value and appreciate your advice, I feel this kind of comment from such a prominent member of the forum is beneath you. I am not ignoring the comments but sadly don’t have the letter to hand at this moment, but will scan them up as soon as I get back home.

If they wont send the sar despite knowing who you are etc, file a court claim to force them to send it.

And why did they want that 2.20?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Whilst I will of course value and appreciate your advice, I feel this kind of comment from such a prominent member of the forum is beneath you. I am not ignoring the comments but sadly don’t have the letter to hand at this moment, but will scan them up as soon as I get back home.

Then you only had to tell us.

Please scan the letters up in PDF format as soon as you can because it will influence the advice that we will give you.

You might also like to give some response or acknowledgement to the question which was asked by the other site team member.

Bit of a long story and connected to another thread on here where I took a complaint to the Ombudsman re charges that is still in limbo pending advice re court for charges, however the SAR this time was to see what had been done without account over the last few years to assist in a potential mis-selling claim. We did ask one of those claim companies to act (because I didn’t have the will for another round of letters etc) but have heard little and they would have submitted a SAR early last year but we have never had a copy of this.

This time they wanted £2.20 to cover costs of preparing the info as they stated one had been requested last year by the claim company and the charge was to cover exrtra work, I submitted the one from this great site, edited of course, but they have refused to supply.

When you say court, what would that involve and what are the grounds for a claim please, and I am in the process of scanning up their brief reply received today.

Thank you.

when we see the sar that you send them then we can understand more fully exactly what they have responded to.

I'm not too sure how a claims management company could submit an sar on your behalf. Have you got a copy of the request that was submitted by the claims management company?

I think it may be useful to get a full bullet pointed chronology from you on this.

I certainly do think that if you have submitted a valid sar and they haven't responded then you should move very quickly to a claim for breach of statutory duty and we will be happy to help you with this. However we need to be sure of our ground and make sure that all our ducks are in a row first of all

if you don't have copies of the correspondence sent by the claims management company then you should also send an sar to them.

Has this problem been resolved to tour? Or is there any movement on it?

That is dated 4th of January so they are still within the 30-day deadline. what date was the previous sar when they said that they wanted the money

well let's see the other letter anyway and monitor this thread for a fuller reply tomorrow.

We will have to do a response to the letter which you have posted above

If we can go through this and check the statutory request which you have made and decide that they do in fact comply with the statute, then if the requests had been breached then I would suggest that you bring a claim for breach of statutory duty under the DPA. In order to do this you would claim for a very modest amount – say £50 – with the intention not of accepting any settlement but of proceeding to judgement.

You can get an idea from this post here https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?492106-Npower-2-year-nightmare-Please-help&p=5170199&viewfull=1#post5170199

I'd like to start having a look at this problem but this thread has started to become a little bit strung out.

Would you mind starting a new thread and laying out a chronology of events in bullet pointed fashion in an attempt to pull together what you have discovered so far in one easily digestible chunk. Then we can have a look at the possibilities.

I'm going to close this thread

So this is the brief timeline,

12th December we sent the SAR using the template from the site.

19th December we received a response letter from Rooftop which said they could not supply details because :-

1- In October they had sent a similar response to a company called Mortgage Claims, this was the ambulance chasers we had asked back in July to look into possible mis-selling and was only done out of frustration and not having time to go through everything myself. I have heard nothing from them since and have requested a response.

2- Because the SAR had been requested in October, Rooftop said that to do another would incur a charge of £2.20.

3- They had been unable to verify my authority for the one requested on the 12th.

As it was Christmas I put this to one side and didn't respond, I am trying to find the letter but the content was as above and very brief.

On the 4th January I sent off a second request, this time enclosing the fee and making sure both me and my wife signed it to prevent any other spurious delays.

The letter in the above post was received yesterday again saying that they could not supply the info because they where "Unable to Verify Authority" but nothing else to explain why.

In the meantime as mentioned on another thread, they continue to send me statements, and threatening letters about the apparent arrears so must be satisfied I live at the same address as on the SAR.

The main reason for the request is that I have a complaint with the FOS, which is coming to a conclusion and need information only a SAR can provide before I seek to take the issue further.

So do we send another request or wait till the 40 days is up and then take further action. ?

rtopsar040119a.doc

rtopsar1212o18.doc

I'd like to see the letter from the claims company to see if it was a valid sar.

Also, where are their responses? Can you post up in pdf format please

This was the response to the 2nd request, still struggling to find the first one but it said exactly the same apart from, as explained, saying that there had been a request for info in October from Mortgage Claims which thinking about it wasn't most likely a SAR but just request based on my signing an authority for them to request info. The first letter also asked for a fee of £2.20 to cover their costs.

rtres.pdf

They still cant charge anything. A SAR is free no matter if you request it a dozen times. And what costs? If they complied with the other SAR, as they said they had, theyd have all info on hand. So should just copy it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This was the response to the 2nd request, still struggling to find the first one but it said exactly the same apart from, as explained, saying that there had been a request for info in October from Mortgage Claims which thinking about it wasn't most likely a SAR but just request based on my signing an authority for them to request info. The first letter also asked for a fee of £2.20 to cover their costs.

I expect that you are correct that it wasn't a true SAR – but I would prefer to be certain about it before using it as a basis for litigation. I think it would be a very good idea to send an SAR to your claims management company and see if you can get a copy from them of what they sent.

I think that it is worth taking time to stack up the evidence and load the dice against them if at all possible. I don't see that there is a huge rush on this at the moment. Send the SAR to the claims company immediately. You have about 14 days to wait for the expiry of your SAR of the fourth January so there will only be about another 14 days after that for the CMC to produce their disclosure.