Refund Request;Did Carpetright just riped me off?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Today I needed to cancel order on floor panels that had value of around £2000

there was nothing wrong with them, well beside the fact I found similar quality panels for half of the price so it was obvious I would need to cancel my order with Carpetright as I'm not made of money just like most of the population.

I went to the store with my order confirmation where I paid for the panels with cash(the panels were supposed to be delivered next week)

I told the manager of the store I wish to cancel my order and that's where all of it starts.

I've been told that I can cancel but I will be charged 20-25% of the order value which added to over £400 just for the cancellation and the explanation for this was the panels were ordered specially for me(Special Order) and the store wont be able to sell them now.

I was rather unsatisfied with the fact and said this is too much which was countered with the response that even offering 25% charge is a sign of good will as the store has right to refuse cancellation. I would like to add that they failed to show me any term and conditions that stated charge of 25% but only a short snippet from a leaflet that says I can only amend order within 24 hours.

After few minutes of arguments and call to regional manager by the shop manager they offered me a check for £1800 which I accepted as I felt I had no options left.( it will be sent by post within 7 days)

My question is was actions of the store justifiable? Did they have the right to charge that much? Is there anything else I can do? Do I have right to a full refund? I can understand paying for handling but the price they came up with was ludicrous.

Were the floor panels really made just for you?

Or they are just claiming this and they sell those panels?

If they are made to order, they would be right in saying that you can't return them because you changed your mind, but you could if they were faulty or of unsatisfactorily quality.

The panels were ordered for home delivery, at the time of cancellation they still had 5 days till delivery. The panels were not customised in any way, just packets of wooden panels. There is nothing that makes this delivery special in any way nor I was made aware of it pior to sale.

I was on the phone to customer service today and they still failed to point me in the direction where their cancellation fee says 20% its literally no where to be found.

I understand calling it a special order if for example they sell carpet cut to size but not where its just pre-packed panels.

The panels were ordered for home delivery, at the time of cancellation they still had 5 days till delivery. The panels were not customised in any way, just packets of wooden panels. There is nothing that makes this delivery special in any way nor I was made aware of it pior to sale.

I was on the phone to customer service today and they still failed to point me in the direction where their cancellation fee says 20% its literally no where to be found.

I understand calling it a special order if for example they sell carpet cut to size but not where its just pre-packed panels.

In that case it's now time to send an email to ceo.

Hopefully you have cancelled the order in writing or you might get the panels delivered.

If you get no joy from the ceo do a chargeback or section 75 for the 20% that they are gonna keep.

https://www.carpetright.co.uk/terms-conditions : Near the bottom of the page.

If your order has not been cut to your specification we will accept a cancellation and refund your money. If, however, the product has been cut to your specifications we will accept cancellation and deduct 20% of the purchase price from the refund we issue to you to cover the losses we will incur in selling your purchase as a reduced price remnant in one of our stores.

As your purchase did not involve any cutting, just the supply of prepackaged panels, the 20% cancellation fee is not applicable. On that basis, I would suggest that you have indeed been ripped off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Carpetright

Mr Wilfred Thomas Walsh

Chief Executive

Carpetright

Purfleet Bypass

Purfleet

Essex

RM19 1TT

Company Number: 02294875

FCA Number: 729251

Email: [email protected]

Wilf Walsh - @wilfwalshuk - https://twitter.com/wilfwalshuk

ceoemail link: http://www.ceoemail.com/

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02294875

Endole link: https://www.endole.co.uk/company/02294875/carpetright-plc

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Are Carpetright under any obligation to provide a refund at all though since the panels weren't faulty and they were ordered/purchased in store rather than online?

Or do the regulations around online purchase 14 day returns also apply to orders placed in store for items that are not physically present at the time and need to be ordered from a warehouse?

Are Carpetright under any obligation to provide a refund at all though since the panels weren't faulty and they were ordered/purchased in store rather than online?

Or do the regulations around online purchase 14 day returns also apply to orders placed in store for items that are not physically present at the time and need to be ordered from a warehouse?

The panels were not delivered yet when the request for cancellation was made.

Accordingly to carpet rights own policy a refund is due.

But they picked a 20% charge out of their magic hat.