style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Need some help please?

I’m currently in arrears for previous 2 council tax bills and paying installments to clear balance.

This year’s bill 2017-2018 has landed and council are threatening to take recovery action if installments are not made to bring account up to date for current arrears.

I wrote pleading with council I am fully stretched on making payments for previous years and kindly add this amount together, payments will remain same until full balance is cleared out.

My current payment plan is £160/mth. My Tax bill for year is £900.

I cannot afford anymore to pay and worried they might increase debt by summoning to court adding further charges for this year’s bill.

I want to pay and with current installments I will clear all arrears eventually but council will not budge.

Any template letter I can send them that may make them change their mind and accept my plan?

TIA.

Hello

Need some help please?

I’m currently in arrears for previous 2 council tax bills and paying installments to clear balance.

This year’s bill 2017-2018 has landed and council are threatening to take recovery action if installments are not made to bring account up to date for current arrears.

I wrote pleading with council I am fully stretched on making payments for previous years and kindly add this amount together, payments will remain same until full balance is cleared out.

My current payment plan is £160/mth. My Tax bill for year is £900.

I cannot afford anymore to pay and worried they might increase debt by summoning to court adding further charges for this year’s bill.

I want to pay and with current installments I will clear all arrears eventually but council will not budge.

Any template letter I can send them that may make them change their mind and accept my plan?

TIA.

There's nothing you can do to force the council - unless the council agree to a different payment plan then the only way you could stop the summons being issued would be to pay as required by the council. Try looking at a Section 13A discretionary relief (google it)

Craig