currys have lost my tablet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, to keep this short, i really need help/advice CURRYS STORE IN SELLY OAK HAVE LOST MY TABLET

case number ............

on the 28/05/17 i rang knowhow with a problem ive been having with my tablet, and they advised me to take my tablet to currrys sellyoak, so i did

i spoke to chap in the store (wahid), who took my tablet in for repair, I

got a call after the bank holiday from wahid advising me that he will need to send the tablet of to samsungs, since then its just gone down hill with no communications from the store at all.

so i start to chase it down via the customer service number ........

i spoke to robert on 14/06/17 at 1315 in regards to the problem in having, and he advised the store will ring me back to collect my tablet, no one ever rang back

i spoke to bradley ext no 26726 on the 18/06/17, to see where my tablet is, he advised me that after speaking to the store that the tablet will be ready for collection on wednesday which is 21/06/17

so on wednesday 21/06/17, i went in the store, and to keep this short they tell me that i have already had my tablet, and its been delivered to my home address on monday 19/06/17,

i explained to them that i have not had any delivery and from the telephone conversation i had on the 18/06/17 bradley told me to pick it up from the store i left it with,

i asked what address it was delivered to which they could not answer, and the lady said she will look into it and get back to me, so i left the store very angry

i got home straight on to the phone to customer service on 03445611234 and spoke to francis at 1827, who told me from the notes they have, that there's a dpd signature of it delivered on 16/06/17,

i questioned that because the store said exactly the same but only they have a signature 19/06/17,

i asked him what address it was delivered to which he could not provide,

i also asked why they will deliver it to my home address and not the store i left it with,

again he could not answer, but advised me that it will only be sent back to the store i left it with and not my home address, and they going to look into the matter and get back to me

where does that leave me legally, all i wont is my tablet back and get on with my life, this is very stressful

Sorry just skimmed over your post, welcome to CAG and all that jaz!!!

Firstly STOP ringing them, they simply want you off the phone ASAP and will tell you whatever they can to get rid.

Lodge a formal complaint using their complaints procedure, and keep everything in writing or email, if they ring, tell them to put everything in writing.

Start the complaints procedure, then pop back.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry just skimmed over your post, welcome to CAG and all that jaz!!!

Firstly STOP ringing them, they simply want you off the phone ASAP and will tell you whatever they can to get rid.

Lodge a formal complaint using their complaints procedure, and keep everything in writing or email, if they ring, tell them to put everything in writing.

Start the complaints procedure, then pop back.

hi mate, thanks for reply, done what you advised

I haz a gift for you...

Use it wisely young one... And remember - Spaces need to go!

may i ask what that is for, sorry this all new to me and im very stressed

may i ask what that is for, sorry this all new to me and im very stressed

They provided an email address for a Currys executive who can help resolve your complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

From a brief read of this thread I gather that you have done everything on the telephone and that you really don't have any evidence of anything.

I think that you should take immediate steps to remedy this. Read our customer services guide and having implemented the advice there, start making telephone calls again – several of them – to start getting the different versions and the different stories you are hearing down and recorded.

This is essential.

Everything is important – the contradiction in dates, the contradiction in delivery/collection instructions. The fact that some people are saying that it shouldn't have happened or that it normally doesn't happen that way. All of this is excellent evidence that they are in disarray and that they have a be made the mistake.

If you wait until you have to take some firmer action such as starting a court claim, they will then get their story together and you will find it very difficult to get the evidence you want.

My advice to you is always to record your calls. I think that the people who contributed to this thread should have advise you this from the beginning and should have advised you to install a call recorder now and to start recording everything. Go back to all the customer service people you spoke to before and try to get them to make the admissions or give you the information that they did previously but this time you will have it all recorded.

Don't be satisfied one recording. Get it again and again because the more variations you can show, the better position you will be in.

This should be your first priority. Do it now

thanks every one for help and advice, still got a little battle going with them

below is my conversation with them sofar

currys sellyoak birmingham have lost my tablet

CC0003398771

On the 28/05/17 i rang knowhow with a problem i have been having with my tablet, and they advised me to take my tablet to Currys Sellyoak, so i did.

I spoke to chap in the store (Wahid), who took my tablet in for repair, I got a call after the bank holiday from Wahid advising me that he will need to send the tablet off to Samsung, since then it's just gone down hill with no communications from the store at all.

So i start to chase it down via the customer service number 03445611234

I spoke to Robert on 14/06/17 at 1315 in regards to the problem i have been having, and he advised the store will ring me back to collect my tablet, no one ever rang back

I spoke to Bradley ext no 26726 on the 18/06/17, to see where my tablet is, he advised me that after speaking to the store that the tablet will be ready for collection on wednesday which is 21/06/17

so on Wednesday 21/06/17, i went in the store, and to keep this short they tell me that i have already had my tablet, and its been delivered to my home address on monday 19/06/17, i explained to them that i have not had any delivery and from the telephone conversation i had on the 18/06/17 Bradley told me to pick it up from the store i left it with, i asked what address it was delivered to which they could not answer, and the lady said she will look into it and get back to me, so i left the store very angry

i got home straight on to the phone to customer service on 03445611234 and spoke to francis at 1827, who told me from the notes they have, that there's a dpd signature of it delivered on 16/06/17, i questioned that because the store said exactly the same but only they have a signature 19/06/17, i asked him what address it was delivered to which he could not provide, i also asked why they will deliver it to my home address and not the store i left it with, again he could not answer, but advised me that it will only be sent back to the store i left it with and not my home address, and they going to look into the matter and get back to me

all i wont is my tablet back and get on with my life, this is very stressful.

have a full refund, if not a replacement with compensation for numerous telephone calls i have to make, simple.

I look forward to a prompt response.

Yours faithfully

hamza chucha

19h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, I'm sorry to hear of the service you have received. As the repair is with Samsung I am unable to view their details. Can you advise on your repair reference number and the delivery reference number for DPD they returned the item under. I can then speak with both Samsung and DPD in regards to this. However, a member of our exec team will also be in contact as you have address the situation to Sebastian James, should you wish to await their response. - Gemma

8h

hamza chucha

Hi Gemma, thank you for your prompt response, I gotta call about 10oclock today from the store saying my tablet is ready for collection, It was the same lady Tina who told me yesterday that I have already had the tablet delivered to my home address and refuse to give me any details to the delivery address, she was absolutely rude yesterday and called me a liar in front of other customers, what really shocks me is as soon as I walked to the desk she had a little look at my paper work and without checking the system and in her words "I remember that name, and I have dpd signature saying you already have had your tablet delivered to your home address", and when I question what she said, she replied again in her own words "no, look I remember that name, you've already got your tablet, your a liar", and passed me on to another lady Eileen who was a bit more calm with her approach. Tina's customer service and her attitude towards me and the way she spoke to me was absolutely despicable and quite frankly I find it very sickening up to my throat, personally I would embarrassed to have suck a person like Tina working for a large organisation whom you represent. In regards to my tablet, I've had nothing but issues since I've purchased it, it was purchased as a gift for my son on his 5th birthday, and the tablet has had charging issues, it's been with Samsung on several occasions and nothing has been done, and it's still under warranty, to be honest the way the whole situation has been delt with and the level of customer service I don't want this tablet back, and I would like a complete refund to close this matter, I think I am very reasonable with my demand in comparison to what others will expect, I will be forwarding my concerns and feeling about the whole situation to the CEO Sebastian James, I look forward to your prompt response, very angry customer Hamza Chucha.

7h

Sent

hamza chucha

Hi gemma, I have just sent another email to the CEO Sebastian James, illustrating my feelings and concerns about the whole situation, thank you hamza Chucha

7h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, I am glad your tablet has been returned to store and the issue about it being delivered to your home address has been resolved. I'm sorry to hear of the attitude and actions that Tina showed towards yourself in store. I have passed a copy of your complaint on to store management for internal investigation. As you tablet is outside of the returns period and has now been repaired we would be unable to arrange a refund for the tablet. Should Samsung feel that the tablet is not repairable at any stage they will then be able to exchange under your manufacturers warranty. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. - Gemma

7h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, i dont think that is acceptable, i have spent an absolute fortune on telephone conversation alone to you customer service, and the whole situation has been very stressful, and for a such large company i simple apology for the inconvenience does not make me feel better, before i go to collect my tablet i will be waiting a response from the CEO or his team, thank you kindly hamza chucha

7h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, if you can send an itemised copy of your phone bill, I will be happy to reimburse the cost of telephone calls made to ourselves. - Gemma

7h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, im sure will have a record of every telephone conversation i have made, as you record all conversation as your automated service states, like i said i will be waiting the response from the CEO or his team, thank you kindly, hamza chucha

6h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Apologies Hamza, we do record calls, however, we cannot get the information of the length of time you have been on the call or of what your service provider charges. I have updated the notes from our conversation for when the CEO team contact yourself. - Gemma

6h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, thank you, it would have been nice to offer some sort of a "goodwill gesture" in regards to this disgusting situation this company has caused, but thank you anyway, hamza chucha

6h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Apologies Hamza, we can look to offer you a gesture of goodwill, however, we need to resolve this issue first and as you are wanting to await the response from the CEO team I have not mentioned anything so not to confuse the situation further, as you are contacting us by contacting us on different methods for the same issue. Apologies - Gemma

5h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, so what do you suggest or offer, to keep me away from your CEO, many thanks hamza

4h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, I would first advise to collect the tablet and once you have received it and happy with keeping it, that is when we would offer the goodwill gesture. - Gemma

4h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, im not collecting the tablet first, it sounds like a get out of jail free card, im sorry, but the company whom you work for have caused this, im not collecting it until we have this matter sorted, either with your self or the CEO team, i have made it very clear what i want to close this matter, many thanks, hamza

4h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Apologies Hamza, as advised we would not process a goodwill gesture until you have collected the product and are happy with it. - Gemma

4h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, im not collecting the tablet, because im not happy with the product, and neither am i happy to "keep it" (your words) its been in for repairs on several occasions for charging issues, that tablet should have been replaced originally but it has not been, what you are saying affects my statutory rights, and to make it clear this tablet has never been fit for its purpose due the the many times it has been in for repairs for charging issues, many thanks, hamza

4h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, this is the reason, which to why I also suggested you await the response of our CEO team as they may be able to suggest an alternate option for yourself. To which you then returned to say about the goodwill gesture, which I am unfortunately unable to offer unless the tablet is collected and you are happy with it. If an alternate resolution is offered, then this may be in respect of a goodwill gesture. However, if you can send an itemised copy of your phone bill before hand, I am happy to reimburse the cost in the form of a BAC's payment or cheque as previously discussed. - Gemma

3h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, i will send you itemised billing once i have obtained it from my telephone provider, and i will wait for the response from the CEO team, before i collect the tablet, at the moment im not "happy with it", before i go may i suggest you have a recap of the sales of good act, here is part of it for your information, take note of the part where it states; "within reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience"; Faulty goods replaced or repaired. You have the right to get faulty goods replaced or repaired if it's too late to reject them. ... Under the Sale of Goods Act, the retailer must either repair or replace faulty goods 'within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience'.

3h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, I will await the copy of the phone. Please accept my apologies as you did not mention you were claiming under the sales of goods act, as this was being claimed under your manufacturers warranty, which is the reason to why Samsung has repaired it. The store will need to test the tablet and if it is faulty still we can then check the next steps should you wish to claim under the act. However, you can still await the response from our CEO team, all the conversations have been logged on to the case, so they are aware of the situation. - Gemma

3h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, samsungs have not repaired the issue with this tablet, they require £56 to do so, another reason why im not collecting because im not "happy with it", just out of curiosity what are the next steps, many thanks hamza

3h

Sent

KNOWHOW support

Hi Hamza, as I do not have access to Samsung's repairs I have not been able to see this and it is the first it has been brought to my attention as I thought you had stated the repair is complete and been returned to store. The next steps, now would befor myself to send the details to our finance team to process a BAC's payment of £56.00 to pay yourself, to which you can pay Samsung to complete the repair. - Gemma

3h

hamza chucha

hi gemma, i have not stated at all that the tablet has been repaired, in regards to the smasungs repair note you work for the same company who advised me that i need to pay £56, so you could have that information easily available if needed, in regards of sending £56 to have it repaired is not acceptable, reason why because you have already had the tablet since 28/05/17, and by me accepting the £56 means you will have the tablet for longer, let me refer back to the 'sales of goods act'; "within reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience", since you have had the tablet from 28/05/17 it is not within 'reasonable time' and dont even get me started to what inconvenience this whole situation has been, the only way i will end this matter with yourself is by receiving a full refund, i am willing to compromise in the form of a like for like replacement of the same value, i dont think my demand is unreasonable, and its in compliance with the 'sales of goods act', thank you hamza

Delete this message.

2h

Sent

some just tried ringing in regards to the matter, i asked if they could communicate via the method above

thank you every one with all the help, I got a call today from currys saying your tablet is ready for collection sir

So have you collected it??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

no sir, its still with currys, and from what they say samsung require £56 to have it repaired, as you can see from the conversation i have been above i will only accept a complete refund or a like for like replacement of the same value, i have been experiencing the same fault with this tablet ever since i have purchased it!!!

How did you buy this? And when?

Just confirm they do now have it, just that you won't pay for the repair?

i paid via my debit card, some time in june 2015, if i remember correct, the tablet is still under warranty, it has been with samsung repair centre several times over charging issues, this thing has never charged properly from the day i purchased it, all samsung repair centre have ever done, is replaced the usb cable and wall plug, which they refuse to do know under warranty,

the tablet is still with currys after they found it, i refuse to collect because im not happy with it

ive not had a reply from the ceo or his team, do you usually get a reply and if so how long does it take for a reply

im not getting any replies from no one, help what shal i do

OK how soon after you purchased it, did you send it in for repair? Within six months??

• 3 months later...

it may be to replace a battery as samsung only guarantee their tablet battery for 12 months.

it may be to replace the usb and charger cable again if they feel that the customer has been misusing or neglecting them and this is why the unit has been away for repair more than once and they have replaced the charger etc already.

the store will have a quote from digicare who are the repair agent for samsung, detailing the costs and why they have been charged.