Refused Current Account - SAR Request?

MrTierney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I have applied for current accounts with Natwest and RBS which have both been denied (even though I was originally accepted)

I want to know why they have refused me as my credit file is in good condition, no defaults etc so do I need to send an SAR? if so, is there a specific template?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thread moved to Natwest.......a DSAR is a request for all the personal data held on you by a creditor...given that you are not yet a customer...then the request would be pointless?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A lot of people are refused for a current account.

What is your credit score?

Are you registered on the Electoral Roll for current address?

Applying to both RBS & Nat West was a mistake they are effectively the same Co.

Each application will impact on your credit score.

A lot of people are NOT refused current accounts. Since 2016, all the major banks and building societies are obliged to open at least a basic bank account for applicants (unless they suspect fraud/money laundering etc.). Even if you were declined for any of their full facility current accounts, you would have been offered their basic Foundation account instead.

Maybe they thought your application wasn't genuine and a fraudster was trying to open an account in your name?

.a DSAR is a request for all the personal data held on you by a creditor...given that you are not yet a customer...then the request would be pointless?

I hesitate to disagree with someone as knowledgeable as Andyorch, but is that correct? If a company receives a Data Protection Act Subject Access Request isn't it required to disclose the personal data it holds about you irrespective of your relationship with the company? Surely they have to disclose what they hold (subject to statutory DPA exemptions) whether you are a creditor or a customer or potential customer or anything else?

Maybe they thought your application wasn't genuine and a fraudster was trying to open an account in your name?

Also there have quite a few cases reported of banks refusing to open accounts because they think people are high risk under the money laundering regulations. These can be really infuriating because if that is the reason the bank is legally forbidden to explain its decision and would refuse any SAR. People who have been affected cannot find any way to get an explanation of what has happened, even in cases where it appears there is clearly mistaken identity.

Consideration as to why and why not allowing an account to be open is not personal data held in the sense of a Data Subject Access Request.

They have done you a favour anyway...there the last lot I would wish to deal with......CO OP or Santander offer basic accounts with cheque book and switch cards.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Consideration as to why and why not allowing an account to be open is not personal data held in the sense of a Data Subject Access Request./QUOTE]

If they have taken into account information about MrTierney that they obtained from elsewhere surely that's dis closable to an SAR (unless any statutory exemptions apply)?