Coyle White Devine - UAE debt not mine!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've joined this form after searching for advice on a solictors called Coyle White Devine.

I'm hoping some can help and advise me?

Letter recently received from Coyle White Devine relating to indebtedness to Dubai First to the tune of approx £200k GBP.

The letter was sent to my home address, but addressed to a diferent person.

Same first and last name, but a different middle name.

The letter also had an incorrect email address i.e. not mine.

Atttached to the letter,

is an initial letter written to a person with the same name as me,

but to a completelty different address.

I emailed CWD and I got a response that said (I paraphrase),

they get lots of denials and why should I be different as the details supplied to them by their client gave them my name and address.

They are refusing to act upon my wishes to correct this error and have asked for a scanned copy of my passport to confirm who I am.

I do not want to do this for fear of identity fraud,

which probably what is happening now,

as I've never been to the UAE or middle East.

I have spoken to the Solicitors Regulations Authority and they said they could look at the compliant,

but advised I seek legal advice from a solicitor due to the 48 hour statutory demand detailed in the letter from CWD.

Any advice on hw to deal with this?

Have a read of other similar threads. Advice would still be the same.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

even if you did owe the money

there is stuff and all they can do to you.

read the letters properly

doesn't say WILL anything.

shame you responded to a phishing attempt to scare someone into opening their pockets.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree, but given how annoying these things can be, probably best to nip it in the bud.

Write back to CWD by letter posted recorded delivery advising that you are not the person they are seeking, as you have never been to UAE or Dubai and have never had any financial relationship with the client they are representing.

Advise them that a complaint has been registered with the SRA and you expect compensation for the hassle caused by their mistake.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks everyone.

Thanks very much. Just looked in more detail at previous threads. Have spoken direct with solicitor dealing with the issue. Explained I am not willing to offer scanned copies of my passport etc and that I am in process of registering my complaint to the SRA and I will confirm that in writing to him.

SRA do only deal with solictors complaints against one you have used or are using strange they state different to you

none of the so called solicitor etc regulators investigate complaints against claimants solicitors

if it were different then all the years i have tried to complain against a solicitors for major bank would of been dealt with.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I spoke to the SRA this afternoon and the lady said they were the body to deal with this type of matter.

Will double check.

So who would you recommend I complain to?

no-one

ignore them all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Coyle White Devine - UAE debt not mine!