Barclays SAR Response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I sent a SAR off to barclays on the 20th of May - I got a reply today from them saying they could not process the request as the "cheque is not valid"

I had enclosed a blank postal order for £10

They have not returned it or told me why it was not valid

What is my next move

Thanks

Write back telling them the method of payment by PO is acceptable and you require the SAR response within the 40 days allowed, failing which formal complaints will be made to Barclays CEO, and The FOS and The ICO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Presumably you have the numbers – and even better a photocopy of the cheque and everything else that you sent?

Thanks for your replies,

I will write to them advising them of that.

I have a copy of the letter sent , proof of postage and pictures of the front and back of the postal order

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I hd written to them telling them that it was not a cheque but a PO which is valid for a SAR.

They have just replied telling me that they cannot process this SAR as "the cheque needs to be payable to Barclays Bank"

What should my next stage be.. it is now over 40 days and i don't really want to start waiting another 40 days if i do send them a personal cheque.

They have not returned the PO nor as of 20th of June have they cashed it.

It is now

ring and ask where your po is

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi all

Further to this post - I have still not had any response to my SAR request as they say the "cheque" needs to made payable to Barclays - They have not returned my PO

Am i ok to start this again by sending a company cheque (signed by me - i do not have a personal cheque book) or should I write with a complaint on this

or a PO in their name

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

a PO is acceptable payable to them. i don't see why you didn't just put their name on the PO in the first place. you're happy to do it on a cheque!

I suggest a very brief complaint to Barclays HQ and to the ICO stating that they have failed to comply with the SAR request in the time required.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)