Gawd the DWP are the scurge of the planet lol

Goucho
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well guys here i am again ... just search my posts.

OK here we go ......

My son was on Universal credits and was hit with 4 sanctions 1 after the other for 28 days each with the final one being for 92 days due to the previous 3! He was under a "sick note" for 3 of them and the fourth was for not doing enough entries on hit work diary thing.

I went to a routine meeting with my son and was met with what i would class as hostility. I am mobility impaired and on good days i can walk with a stick but i am in constant pain. So the first thing my son asked was if there was a chair for me me and his work coach said "your father can stand" Anyway after a lot of messing to get a chair and then to move from in front of her I got to work on why she sanctioned him for being unfit. A long conversation entailed with her constantly repeating that all was correct i left telling her that she was ignorant of the law and needed further training.

If you had been there to see the way i was treated and also my son i am sure you would have not kept control. I helped my son get the sanctions lifted and then luckily he got a job as this one at the DWP was after him for sure!!!

The problem now is that he was fired due to not being able to keep up with his duties. I am now very concerned that the DWP will do what they can to make his life unbearable.

Is it possible to get permission to accompany my son and to speak on his behalf as he finds things difficult to understand at times and a lot of things just go over his head. Also is it possible to video record all appointments as they either lie or AS THEY SAY "IGNORANCE IS NOT AND EXCUSE" so they are lying to him or are ignorant to the law as i have proven on numerous occasions so i know they are after us!!!

What can i do to protect my son and also myself from being targeted??

OK

No worries.

So, genuine question. Why would they pick on him? The last work coach sounds a nightmare but they might not all be like that.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Like all occupations you have the good ones and the bad ones. A member of the public getting the better or showing up a colleague can sometimes drive a colleague to exact revenge on their behalf. This is rare but it does happen and I don't want this to happen to my son.

My experience of staff at this office and also staff on the telephone is that they are at least ignorant of their own rules and regulation and at worst lying to the public. I am only one person, how many others are there out there, that are told factually inaccurate information and believe it to be true.

I worry that if my son moves out of the home and no matter how much effort he puts into finding a job gets sanctioned incorrectly and left with no money at all for 6 months until he can fight to overturn their mistakes? I only want to protect him as at least one member of staff is ignorant of the law and also discriminates against disabled persons. Of course i have no proof of the latter as only me and my son witnessed it. I wonder if she was sanctioned pay for her mistake??

trouble is you are removing any imperative your son would otherwise have to find a job and knuckle down and get on with it. That is the rationale behind the sanctions and although they are sometimes misused if they didnt exist some people would just wander aimlessly through life doing nothing to help themselves. Does your son have autism or some other reason that you have to attend his meetings?

I am sorry but you are on the wrong track here.

My point is about the misuse of both sanctions and power nothing else.

By seeking to protect my son following the experiences stated above does not mean what you say

trouble is you are removing any imperative your son would otherwise have to find a job and knuckle down and get on with it.
Why do you think a person needs to be disabled to need protection?
Does your son have autism or some other reason that you have to attend his meetings?

You seem to be missing the point - My post is about the misuse of both sanctions and power nothing else. I am fully aware of the rationale of sanctions and sadly far too experienced when these are abused.

To avoid this going off in a tangent just google how many "appealed" sanctions are overturned. Sadly a great deal of people take the "Mandatory" reconsideration as a final say.