Australian debt - UK resident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A bit odd then, but i suppose if you said you could not afford to pay, they asked Credit Corp what they were willing to accept.

Just go back saying that Credit Corp have no legal licence to contact anyone in the UK about any alleged debt and they should cease direct communications. Don't mention anything about payment or owing a debt.

Then leave it at that. If you have no UK assets, i should imagine that UK Solicitors Stevensdrake who generally act for CC won't be that interested if you have no financial means or assets. Don't ignore any letter from Stevendrake if they say they will be issuing a county court claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

So that’s them back again after the complaint route ran dry. The $10k debt is now $14k but they’re willing to cap at $8k. 

You just know they’ll have only paid about $2k for it!

I’m in my 3rd year at uni and still working part time, money’s so tight I don’t have anything I could pay. Take it I’ll just be riding it out till it goes to Steven Drake? 

cant do anything to you anyway.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I’d posted here before a few years ago and just want to check in for reassurance. 

I’d left Aus in 2016 and had been getting harassed by Credit Corp but they stopped for a few years after I’d filed a number of complaints with regulators. 

They’ve started back up again and on advice of the forum, I’ve given them my address to stop a back door CCJ and requested no other means of contact to be used. However, I just got a balance statement through and the debt has had $7k added to it!! 

Heart is pounding, just checking if it’s still a case of ignoring unless a letter of claim comes through? 

Thanks for any help

Topics merged for full history.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

When did you last make any payment towards the debt ?

New South Wales has a debt statute of limitation of 6 years for the type of debt.

I wonder whether they have suddenly realised this and have sent a letter.

As long as they have your UK current address.  Yes ignore until you receive letter of claim or Court claim is received.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

On 13/06/2017 at 19:05, JonnyC89 said:

Hello!

Cannot believe I've only just found this website!

I realise there's many threads but none quite about my stage...

My debt is a $12k Aus Credit Card from last year.

They emailed and I ignored

then they called my work relentlessly until I was taken into a HR meeting about it.

They also called two people from my Instagram (one I didn't even know personally).

I've since privatised all my social media.

I emailed them a massive complaint detailing every ACCC breach and gave them my email and number.

They replied to my complaint last week addressing only the point about pretending to be someone else saying that they never.

No other points addressed.

Then I received a call stating I need to pay, it's not going away etc.

I told them I was at the brink of losing my job and I simply can't afford to pay it all ($12k) because I'm a student working part time.

They've then emailed me an income and expenditure form and requested my HR letters and 3 months bank statements. They are going to call next week to catch up.

I'm going to ASIC about my complaint not being addressed properly

but I'm not sure what to do in the meantime about the agent calling me next week wanting all my info?

I realise now from reading this I shouldn't acknowledge it but i simply had to due to work.

I have no idea what I can/should do??

so cant be far from sb now going by post 1

yes simply ignore until/unless a letter of claim lands....doubt it, they are simply hoping you've moved i expect.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stupidly, I had acknowledged the debt in my complaints in 2017, so extended the timeframe unfortunately. 

Really keen to avoid a CCJ, so just for awareness, when a letter of claim lands do I advise them I have no assets (house, car, savings) and hope they don’t pursue?

If it ends up in court and the agree a payment plan in court, is that classed as a CCJ?

No you wait to see what the letter says and come back for advice.  At that stage you challenge them to provide relevant Australian Bank documents, which they won't have , which will mean that they will have to try to get hold of them.  Not always easy for debt collectors to get documents from a Bank.

never seen a debt successfully litigated against on the strength of a letter.

twill be last payment date.

sorry but to be honest, you are panicking about nothing IMHO.

dx

and they