Non service

Guest Mrs Hobbit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mrs Hobbit

We have an excellent ISP, BUT BT is the line provider.

We get an intermittent faults on the line, BT claim not our equipment Mrs H. Complain back to my ISP, about non service.

We live out in of town and of course never enough telephone lines despite fibre optic to the BT cabinet, everything comes down a copper wire to the house from the cabinet.

heavy rain, the cabinet gets filled with water and problems with lines. Techs come out to sort problems with Cabinet and then close the doors on the wires..ooops. this is just a couple of the examples of what happens.

Telephone line used to be so bad that people would complain that they coud not hear us talking, so switched to a data line with my ISP just to keep the broadband.

yesterday line went out, contacted ISp vis mobile wifi, and since then it has been ping pong between BT and ISP. Now my phone screen tells me to plug line into junction box, it is plugged in, but nothing coming through. Openreach Modem no DSL light, hasn't been for 24 hours despite doing everything suggested and test on the line, so modem out as is phone.

Have looked at the cost of satellite broadband out this way, yikes, I will need a bank loan to finance this, but strangely doing my math i find mobile wi fi is cheaper than my ISP and data line. i do have a mobile wi fi dongle which is used for other purposes when needed.

I have contacted my ISP this morning to discuss cancelling my contract with them, well there is no contract for the broadband, have been a client for over 10 years and we pay £30.00 month plus VAT for the service which is excellent if we have a problem with our internet. We pay £20.00 for the data line, but have until October for that contract to finish.

Oh it looks like BT aren't happy about admitting it is their equipment that is causing the problem and so far no contact from them for a tech to come out this way to look at the equipment.

No use BT trying to phone me, phone doesn't work matey.

Has anyone else had this problem with BT Openreach?

File a full complaint with the ISP, so if they dont solve it, you can get the telecoms regulator in who will force them to. With BT, unless you put your foot down and force them to do something, they wont.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Already done and written refusing to pay £250.00 to have the BT engineer to come out.

I have given my ISP until close of play today to get BT off the collective backside and respond, otherwise I will escalate to the Regulator.

You have to go through their complaints procedure and get a deadlock letter first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I have filled in the formal complaints form with ISP, did this yesterday, apparantly they thinking this over while drinking afternoon coffee and wondering what to do with Mrs Hobbit who has been with them for a long time. This ISp is not your normal run of the Mill ISP, it is a bespoke service and used throughout Europe and now spreading to the Americas, it based in Warrington and has an excellent customer service, the techs stay on the line with you until any internet problem is resolved and they do it on a an 0800 number for customers. We used them when they were establishing themselves, the late Mr Hobbit was subcontracting on the side for this company, back in the days when Abbey was Bank, so our history goes back a long way with this ISP.

BT is the thorn in the side, service shocking, never anything to do with them. Three of neighbours are experiencing the same problem I am having, with their own ISP's.

I am hoping to get an email from my ISP this morning to see we can reach a resolution it will be reluctance I pull the plug on them. I am also wondering if the little customer is no longer viable in the larger scheme of things?

How much data are you transferring per month?

What download speed (& latency) do you need?

If there are no cable options for you and all the 'wired' options rely on BT Openreach kit that has proven unreliable :

could you switch to mobile internet alone? (Bearing in mind the parameters above)

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Transferring about 25-40gbs a month, download speed, well it is fast enough, but not what it is is supposed to be. at present I am using mobile wifi and it is transferring fast enough for what I need, so long as non of the files I am transferring get corrupted (these are embroidery designs and graphic art) .

No cable options whatsoever out this way, too far and too costly for the cable companies to be interested. This is why i was looking at satellit broadband. As it is out here we are at the end of the wire as far as BT is concerned. some of the neighbours have been waiting 18 months for a phone line, so have to rely on Mi-fi.

I have found a good deal with the Mi-fi company I am with, use it for travelling around the country, I am my own hotspot. So have signed up for an add on a two year contract. I have not head from from ISP this morning so I think it is parting of the ways, courtesy of BT.

I have filled in the formal complaints form with ISP, did this yesterday, apparantly they thinking this over while drinking afternoon coffee and wondering what to do with Mrs Hobbit who has been with them for a long time. This ISp is not your normal run of the Mill ISP, it is a bespoke service and used throughout Europe and now spreading to the Americas, it based in Warrington and has an excellent customer service, the techs stay on the line with you until any internet problem is resolved and they do it on a an 0800 number for customers. We used them when they were establishing themselves, the late Mr Hobbit was subcontracting on the side for this company, back in the days when Abbey was Bank, so our history goes back a long way with this ISP.

BT is the thorn in the side, service shocking, never anything to do with them. Three of neighbours are experiencing the same problem I am having, with their own ISP's.

I am hoping to get an email from my ISP this morning to see we can reach a resolution it will be reluctance I pull the plug on them. I am also wondering if the little customer is no longer viable in the larger scheme of things?

They have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint

Also stay away from satellite broadband. For lack of a better word its cr@p